My CCSVI Diagnosis and (hopeful) Treatment

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
EnjoyingTheRide
Family Member

My CCSVI Diagnosis and (hopeful) Treatment

Post by EnjoyingTheRide »

This is the day that my wife and I pack up the wheelchair van and head to a "far away" hospital for CCSVI diagnosis, and hopefully for treatment.

My doctor has asked me to not yet reveal his identity. I will of course honor that request. As soon as he gives me the OK, I will disclose his info.

I plan to post daily updates at my blog. Check it out if you want to follow my adventure this week:

www.enjoyingtheride.com

Mitch
Mitch
Please visit my blog at www.enjoyingtheride.com
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Woo, hoo Mitch! Travel safely to the "far away hospital".

Hope the good doctor is able to treat you. I'm sending positive thoughts and energy your way.

Sharon
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

sending lots of light to you Mitch.
Thanks for offering this info, and more later, to us.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Mitch,

The best of luck to you... I will be following your story !!

ozarkcanoer
EnjoyingTheRide
Family Member

Thanks for all the well wishes. I just posted my first "field report" at my blog. www.enjoyingtheride.com

Mitch
Mitch
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Mitch...
love your blog and honest outlook. Our family is cheering for you this week...we hope you get some answers. Appreciate all you do to share information on CCSVI with other MS patients. Rock on,
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

Wishing you the very best!
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Wishing you the best as well!!
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
hope410
Family Elder

Post by hope410 »

Hoping it goes really well!
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

It is wonderful that more and more of us are wiling to help by sharing informations.
Well done friend. I wish you my very best.
EnjoyingTheRide
Family Member

I had the opportunity to dine with a few TIMS friends last night in Manhattan- bestadmom, mrcstck and Montana. Check out the photo at my blog www.enjoyingtheride.com
Mitch
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Dinner & Friends

Post by Ruthless67 »

Hi Mitch,

What a nice picture of the four of you. It's always so nice to put faces with names. And so wonderful for the four of you to get together, break bread and talk and exchange information and stories.

Can't wait to read about yours and everyone elses experiences with Dr. Sclafani and the procedure. His compassion, dedication and wonderful sense of humor comes across loud and clear through his responses to our questions at Tims. I loved when he said:

Honestly, most interventional radiologists, and vascular surgeons have no idea what I am speaking about. Original opinions seemed to think that I was crazy, just like most thought that the woman who originally contacted me about getting involved in this was also crazy.

But I am used to this. I was once called the “lunatic fringe from Brooklyn” at a national meeting of trauma surgeons because a I was suggesting that not all patients with injured spleens needed to have them taken out. Now saving the spleen is the standard of care ….who got the last laugh!

Looking forward to thousands of us laughing together soon! :lol:

Lora

Ps: I enjoyed reading your blog very much. Mitch please post a photo of Dr. Sclafani also so the rest of us can feel like we know the man better too.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:I had the opportunity to dine with a few TIMS friends last night in Manhattan- bestadmom, mrcstck and Montana. Check out the photo at my blog www.enjoyingtheride.com
I have to say, this TIMS/CCSVI Alliance group is one attractive and active bunch. Thinking of you today, Mitch. Keep us posted-
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

:D I am so happy to see 4 wonderful CCSVI friends !! Michelle, Mitch, Marc and Montana : the M&M&M&Ms. The best of luck on your treatment, Mitch. New York... If you can make it there you'll make it anywhere, LOLOL.

ozarkcanoer
EnjoyingTheRide
Family Member

Thanks everyone for sending me your positive vibes. My procedure is tomorrow. I've posted my thoughts about it at my blog: www.enjoyingtheride.com

If you've not already figured it out, my physician is Dr. Sclafani from King's County Hospital Center in Brooklyn. Dr. Sclafani is now posting here at TIMS.
Mitch