DrSclafani answers some questions

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ada

Re: DrSclafani answers some questions

Post by ada »

i am here too
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

i'm here, suppose the doc will also checkin again this week
Lety
Family Member

Post by Lety »

I'm here too and I worry about you all because of the monster storm Sandy, hope it will not be as bad as it is here to listen to the German news
kitfox123

Post by kitfox123 »

I'm here, reading and learning.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

I´m here.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

seems like no one has questions any longer.I tried to reach out to a larger audience but i didnt like the formats of facebook for teaching

tims is the best but either everyone has had all the questions answered, thus a successful venture, or we are in a resting state.

any questions?
Salvatore JA Sclafani MD
Patient contact: ccsviliberation@gmail.com
JCB
Family Elder

Post by JCB »

Still here, still read the forum a couple times a week, still trying to keep my left jugular from clotting.
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

JCB wrote:Still here, still read the forum a couple times a week, still trying to keep my left jugular from clotting.
how are you trying to keep the left jugular from clotting?
Salvatore JA Sclafani MD
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

CureOrBust
Cece
Algis
QueenMum
NZer1
munchkin
the_r
mazza
jillMEnz
itsjustme
tzootsi
girl69
newlywed4ever
kiwi
vesta
Rompers
dlynn
HappyPoet
PointsNorth
Flashover81
blossom
allynz
ada
Robnl
Lety
kitfox123
ErikaSlovakia
drsclafani
JCB

Facebook lacks the easy back-and-forth but if the audience is greater there, maybe there would be some way to adapt it? Breaking a case study up into small pieces, so each can be commented upon?
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

Cece wrote:CureOrBust
Cece
Algis
QueenMum
NZer1
munchkin
the_r
mazza
jillMEnz
itsjustme
tzootsi
girl69
newlywed4ever
kiwi
vesta
Rompers
dlynn
HappyPoet
PointsNorth
Flashover81
blossom
allynz
ada
Robnl
Lety
kitfox123
ErikaSlovakia
drsclafani
JCB

Facebook lacks the easy back-and-forth but if the audience is greater there, maybe there would be some way to adapt it? Breaking a case study up into small pieces, so each can be commented upon?
i find facebook to be too chaotic, filled with off target responses and very difficult to keep track of. Perhaps there would be a way to notify by facebook when good questions or good case reports were filed to allow people to pop over to tims

s
Salvatore JA Sclafani MD
Kleiner
Family Member

Post by Kleiner »

Still here...reading several times a week...still trying to decide when to take the plunge...
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

drsclafani wrote:i find facebook to be too chaotic, filled with off target responses and very difficult to keep track of. Perhaps there would be a way to notify by facebook when good questions or good case reports were filed to allow people to pop over to tims

s
If you click on the little rectangle next to where it says, "Posted" and the date/time here on each TiMS post, that gives you the link to that individual post, and that link can be posted over at your Facebook page.
tims is the best but either everyone has had all the questions answered, thus a successful venture, or we are in a resting state.
There is answering questions and there is resting state and there is also sharing your observations. I think that is what can be learned from the roll call, that there is a large contingent here waiting on and enjoying those observations despite not having questions at the moment.
Last edited by Cece on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

Kleiner wrote:Still here...reading several times a week...still trying to decide when to take the plunge...
what needs to be answered to make a decision?
Salvatore JA Sclafani MD
allynz
Family Member

Post by allynz »

I have a q. How do pradaxa and high dose fish oil cope together. I've been reading up on the Jelenik diet - good book but I have a long way to go. It reiterates the importance of Omega 3 but I heard that fish oil and warfrin don't like each other but it seems lots of precautions are needed with Warfrin - is pradaxa the same.
This is the one - http://www.healthpost.co.nz/shop-by-bra ... pgodtQkAWQ

How was China?

Are you staying in Brooklyn through the storm?
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

allynz wrote:I have a q. How do pradaxa and high dose fish oil cope together. I've been reading up on the Jelenik diet - good book but I have a long way to go. It reiterates the importance of Omega 3 but I heard that fish oil and warfrin don't like each other but it seems lots of precautions are needed with Warfrin - is pradaxa the same.
This is the one - http://www.healthpost.co.nz/shop-by-bra ... pgodtQkAWQ

How was China?

Are you staying in Brooklyn through the storm?
high dose fish oil does inhibit platelet aggregation. This would augment the antiplatelet effect of low dose aspirin, used as part of a strategy of stopping platelets from sticking to the area of the vein where the endothelial layer is stretched open to expose the venous smooth muscle to the platelets. This is a natural defense against bleeding. The degree to which this platelet inhibition is magnified by simultaneous exposure to low dose aspirin and omega 3 fatty acids in high dose is really unknown.

However in the face of coumadin, an increased risk of bleeding may occur. There is insufficient data to talk about pradaxa and omega 3.

For these reasons, i advise that patients delay hgh dose omega 3 ingestion until the anticoagulation therapy is completed. For most of my patients, pradaxa only lasts for one month. Without the anticoagulation, i think that low dose aspirin and omega 3 can be taken simultaneously.

China was great. i met many old friends. I visited the far western provinces toward the north, including xinxiang and gansu. Great opportunity to meet some of the chinese minority populations and to visit the old silk road and the cultures of that time.

Foods were really interesting

donkey
white bear
mongolian gazelle
must deer
grubs
grasshoppers
silk worms
duck tongues, webbing, heart, stomach eyelids, kidneys, neck, and muscles
horse sausages
tree fungus
sea slugs

and you ask me about the safety of omega 3 supplements?

you must be crazy!
Salvatore JA Sclafani MD