Has treatment changed your outlook on the future?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
magoo
Family Elder

Has treatment changed your outlook on the future?

Post by magoo »

I keep wondering how everyone who has had treatment feels moving forward.
If you have had improvements, are you constantly waiting for them to disappear?
Or are you moving forward and not giving it a second thought?
Is there a difference between those who have stents and those who have had angioplasty?
And, if you have had a restenosis, has this changed your outlook?

Personally, I don't give it a thought. I don't expect to have any problems. I am living each day with renewed energy and vigor. Sure, I don't know what the future holds, but this treatment gave me more than I ever dreamed and I don't want to waste a moment. (I have stents)
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
mshusband
Family Elder

Post by mshusband »

Such a good question Magoo ...

I have wondered the same thing to tell you the truth.

It seems those who saw Dr. Dake (stents) all have seen great results? I've seen nothing saying otherwise to tell you the truth (especially from those early in the disease course).

I really want to hear (and maybe this hasn't happened yet but) from someone who had the liberation procedure, THEN went and had stem-cell treatment (mesynchemal probably) ... I think that's the real key to actual recovery of function lost ...
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Two phlebotomies have had amazing results in improvements. It stopped the progression in its tracks and I no longer fear the future. I have primary progressive MS, fit the hemochromatosis profile, have the genetic mutation for C282Y and I know that I can fix my health problems. Inexpensively, safely, and when I reduce the iron levels I will not be at risk for heart attack, stroke, Alzheimer's, a nursing home. Get an iron metabolism test. You'll like it.