1st Georgetown U. Liberation!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
lucky125
Family Elder

Post by lucky125 »

Thank you all for your enthusiasm!

I hope this news about Georgetown will only bolster the case many of you are making to IRs and vascular surgeons across the US and the world.

If Georgetown thinks it is worth doing Doc, why not you. too?
Liberated at Georgetown U. 3/3/10. Subsequent procedures at U of Maryland with Dr. Ziv Haskal 7/30/10, 12/2/10, 5/11/11. http://myliberationadventure.blogspot.com
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

Congratulations Lucky,

You will be the secret keeper in this group. What a great job keeping this in the down low. I am so happy for you and for all of us MSers. We finally have some people in North America not bowing down to pressure.

Val
rettahb
Family Member

Post by rettahb »

You won the lottery!!!
Lambada

Re: 1st Georgetown U. Liberation!

Post by Lambada »

lucky125 wrote: For better or worse they are NOT taking outside patients. There are 2000 patients in the MS clinic here. They already have a stack of positive US reports of GU patients who need to be scheduled. So far I am the only one who has been treated.
Thanks lucky125 for sharing this important information. I am one of the 2000 GU patients. I have emailed some of the top vascular surgeons there but they told me to contact my Neurologist. However my appointment with my neuro is not until end of June. I guess I will wait. Does Insurance cover any part of this? How much do they charge? Thanks again.
msscooter
Family Member

Post by msscooter »

thank you for pioneering and sharing. Hoya Saxa!! (Georgetown's slogan)
lucky125
Family Elder

Re: 1st Georgetown U. Liberation!

Post by lucky125 »

Lambada wrote:
lucky125 wrote: For better or worse they are NOT taking outside patients. There are 2000 patients in the MS clinic here. They already have a stack of positive US reports of GU patients who need to be scheduled. So far I am the only one who has been treated.
Thanks lucky125 for sharing this important information. I am one of the 2000 GU patients. I have emailed some of the top vascular surgeons there but they told me to contact my Neurologist. However my appointment with my neuro is not until end of June. I guess I will wait. Does Insurance cover any part of this? How much do they charge? Thanks again.
Hello fellow GUer. I'm guessing that the chances of getting in to see your doc sooner than June are slim. It doesn't mean that you can't contact your nurse and ask for an ultrasound referral now, though. Don't know if it will work, but it can't hurt to try!

As far as insurance goes, mine did pay for my ultrasound. We are still waiting for the actual venogram and angioplasty payment, but the billing person in vascular feels confident that it will go through. She did her homework and figured out the best codes to use.

Good luck!
Liberated at Georgetown U. 3/3/10. Subsequent procedures at U of Maryland with Dr. Ziv Haskal 7/30/10, 12/2/10, 5/11/11. http://myliberationadventure.blogspot.com
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Congrats Lucky! I'm excited for you and for the AP story. I was interviewed by Lauran Neergaard, too, because of the CCSVI Alliance, and because I am Dr. Sclafani's first patient - the first person to be treated in the US outside of Stanford (another secret out of the bag).

We are the benefactors of terrific inter-departmental efforts at both institutions. It's the meeting of the minds beteen the MS Center at Georgetown and the IR's that is making this happen, as it is at SUNY Downstate/Kings County Hospital.
lucky125
Family Elder

Post by lucky125 »

bestadmom wrote:Congrats Lucky! I'm excited for you and for the AP story. I was interviewed by Lauran Neergaard, too, because of the CCSVI Alliance, and because I am Dr. Sclafani's first patient - the first person to be treated in the US outside of Stanford (another secret out of the bag).

We are the benefactors of terrific inter-departmental efforts at both institutions. It's the meeting of the minds beteen the MS Center at Georgetown and the IR's that is making this happen, as it is at SUNY Downstate/Kings County Hospital.
Congrats right back atcha! This story is getting bigger by the minute! I regretted that I did not mention Dr. Sclafani to her when we spoke. It was on the day that Mitch and 2 others were having their procedures.

He seems like an awesome doc, and stand up guy! Who else would be willing to spend so much time answering questions at TIMS?

HOpe you are doing well!
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

I mentioned the good doc and gave Lauran his contact info and alerted him. I don't think she called him though.

I am interested to see the story - it will be balanced and not all for ccsvi, but it will be out there in a big way and the general US media will be remiss if they ignore it.

Can you imagine what the neurolgists will be dealing with now!!!! If they thought it was "bad" since the W5 show aired and word got out in a bigger way than just on here, they are in for a rude awakening.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”