1st Georgetown U. Liberation!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
lucky125
Family Elder

1st Georgetown U. Liberation!

Post by lucky125 »

I have been dying to share this info with all of you, but held back at my doctor's request.

On March 3rd I had venous angioplasty at GU. I had 95% stenosis in my right IJV, 75% in the left. They used balloons only.

I had a follow up ultrasound last Friday, and there is no reflux to be found.

I can tell you this now because a reporter from the Associated Press is writing an article about CCSVI & GU! It will be out on Monday. I was interviewed about my procedure. My docs gave her my impressive venogram pictures. She also interviewed my friend whose initial ultrasound was scheduled for today.

For better or worse they are NOT taking outside patients. There are 2000 patients in the MS clinic here. They already have a stack of positive US reports of GU patients who need to be scheduled. So far I am the only one who has been treated.

I started a blog to document my experience for myself, and my family and friends. I am happy to share it with you all now. It has all of the details of my journey. It is myliberationadventure.blogspot.com.

I am so grateful to everyone who has been so generous in sharing their experiences here. I have learned so much in the months leading up to my Liberation. I am happy that I now have something to offer!

Now I am off to officially add myself to the tracking thread!
Liberated at Georgetown U. 3/3/10. Subsequent procedures at U of Maryland with Dr. Ziv Haskal 7/30/10, 12/2/10, 5/11/11. http://myliberationadventure.blogspot.com
berriesarenice
Family Member

Post by berriesarenice »

Congratulations on your liberation!!

And such great news about Georgetown...really another huge step forward!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

WOOT!
So glad you can finally go public, lucky one :)
Another major university coming on board- this is exceptionally terrific news. We'll all look for the AP piece.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

:D Lucky !!!! You have the luck of the Irish !!! On St Patrick's Day ! I am so incredibly happy for you !

ozarkcanoer
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

Well Lucky, I would say that you have an apt user name-- look forward to updates. Congrats!
lavmac56

Post by lavmac56 »

It is finally gaining momentum!!! Hope it will soon move all across the country!
MissJoy

Post by MissJoy »

:D HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!! Not that I'm Irish, but what positive and wonderful news to see on my first visit (new member) to ThisIsms forum. I'm freaked with happiness and hope for progress in this area, and fast!
<br />MissJoy
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Wow, lucky125! Great news! It really seems like CCSVI treatment has been spreading lately. Wonder where it will crop up next! :)
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

Congratulations! This must have been torture to keep quiet about! :D
Gordon
Family Elder

Congrats

Post by Gordon »

Such great news, For US ALL !!!! all over North America and the world.

G
Johnnymac
Family Elder

Post by Johnnymac »

Great news! I'm looking forward to your updates and hope the little improvements keep piling on...

We meet with our IR next Tuesday to go over my wife's scans and next steps. I get the feeling there are a lot of IRs across the US seeing patients for CCSVI now, the tide will continue to build and the momentum will be unstoppable.

Congrats on being Liberated!

-John
Kaycee

Post by Kaycee »

Congratulations Lucky125!! Thanks for sharing with all of us.
Associated Press!!!! Me thinks the cat is out of the bag NOW! :D
coin
Family Member

excelletent

Post by coin »

I am so thrilled that Georgetown is acctually working and somehow believing in CCSVI etc on it...incredible......good luck for the next steps and I am just hoping that the Docs here in Germany will eventually also be open , except for Dr Meynand Dr. Vogel as well as Reichenbach, to take a deep look into CCSVI...best from Muncih
COIN
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Congratulations Lucky125!
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
bluesky63
Family Elder

Post by bluesky63 »

This is fantastic! I am so, so excited for you and your family. :-) I hope your recovery is smooth -- everything from the big picture to the so-called little details (the feet! the feet!). :-)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”