That is a one bad venous reflux caused by destroyed valve.

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

HappyPoet wrote:Oh Rici, I am soooooo sorry this happened to you. You are so very brave.

Thank you for sharing everything with us. Please keep us updated.

What does Dr. Simka have to say?

My prayers are with you.

~HP
Dr. Simka and Dr. Ludyga do not regenerate venous valves. Valveplastik operation not in Poland.
Regards
Rici
moochsid
Family Member

Post by moochsid »

I'm sorry if I am still not understanding the situation because I am concerned why the surgeons doing the original procedure weren't aware of the possible repercussions for someone with your symptoms. Can you throw any light on this please?
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Rici wrote:
Dear Cheer
Direct response Your question from Dr. Franz von Schelling:

Dependent upon individual venous anatomy, venous blood can be lashed, or also pressed, back into the brain from any sufficiently pre-filled neck and chest vein. Enhanced pre-filling need not be caused by venous stenosis - it suffices that it be given in a moment at which neck or chest veins directly related to inner cerebral veins come to be compressed.
Please forgive my limiting myself to a few principal hints. Haake’s MRVs show: the actual conditioning of venous excess pressures invading the brain has to be elucidated for each patient anew.
Thank you for that answer, Rici.
What Dr. Schelling is proposing is that a "pre-filled" neck or chest vein can suddenly reflux back into the brain due to "compression." What I am asking is why? We know this occurs with valsalva manuevers, but your reflux is appearing with each breath you take, in the absence of valsalva. This doesn't happen anywhere else in the body, that I am aware of. Reflux has always been linked to blockage, either stenosis or thrombosis, etc. - which is what Dr. Zamboni found. Is this back jet ultimately due to a heart defect? I know that jugular venous distention can be a sign of congestive heart problems.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/jugular ... /printable

Perhaps in some MS patients there may be underlying heart problems which need to be diagnosed prior to any jugular interventions? I still do not think we will see this in all MS patients, but for you, Rici- this is all too real. My thoughts and prayers are with you-
thanks,
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

Dear Cheer:
I've never had any problems with my heart. The vein is dilated probably because of sport training. After balooning on 21-th. Dec. my health condition becam suddenly much worse, as predicted dr Scheling. The right vein is longer and going above the lunges,in hypothalamus center becam the reflux (return blood rush) at exhale moment. It's a nightmare. Thanks for pray.
Regards
Rici
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Rici and cheer,

Maybe we should add Rici's case to the "Known Risks/Complications" thread. I would do this but I am not sure how to word it succinctly.

ozarkcanoer
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

What Dr. Schelling is proposing is that a "pre-filled" neck or chest vein can suddenly reflux back into the brain due to "compression." What I am asking is why? We know this occurs with valsalva manuevers, but your reflux is appearing with each breath you take, in the absence of valsalva.
I don't know if this is pertinent to your question, cheerleader, but my understanding is that upon exhalation, the negative pressure in the thorax exerts effect upon the haemodynamics - a kind of "suction", if you will. Perhaps the "joining" of left IJV with right IJV (at the brachio-cephalic plexus?) creates a turbulence in the absence of valve(s). Interestingly (to me), in sport, and in meditation, the exhale is more important than the inhale. Edit (lost in Preview) - Rici's dramatic turbulence appears on exhalation. A Valsalva manoeuver is essentially an unexpressed exhalation, is it not?

I realize that is a bit vague, but such is my state of mind.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

This is all a bit of a worry, esp for we early patients from Poland. I'm interested that this problem was raised with Dr Simka in Bologna in September, prior to Rici's op in October and mine in November. I also have stent for faulty RJ valve. What about those from Stanford - any issue there? Interesting comment from Cheer re azygos possible connection. I'm booked for venogram with Prof Thomson IR in Melbourne, April 1 and will be valuable feedback re stent, valve and azygos.

Phil
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

Hello
I need to inform You, dr Simka and dr Ludyga do not this kind of surgery (valve regeneration).Recently weren't any discussion about valve plastic in Canada. It seems the theory of our guardian angel dr Schelling is to ostracised. However, going to worse my health condition, prove 100% dr Schelling is right. On top of all that, as said dr Schelling, I'll be not the last one with problems because of remove the valve. Sadly, there are others.
Regards
Rici
p.s. I need to replace the vena jugularis by segment of vena saphena magna.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

I do think it is a really serious worry.
I never knew that removal of the valve could actually cause more problems.

How do we know if removing the valve will cause us similar problems???

Do you think the removal of the valve is more dangerous if a stent is placed or is it just as dangerous when an angio destroys it?
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

LR1234 wrote:I do think it is a really serious worry.
I never knew that removal of the valve could actually cause more problems.

How do we know if removing the valve will cause us similar problems???

Do you think the removal of the valve is more dangerous if a stent is placed or is it just as dangerous when an angio destroys it?
I do not know which is worse. I found a way out of this situation. View Post Mark. http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-10758.html
Regards
Rici
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

Hello
Tomorrow Dr. Schelling (www.ms-info.net) is an interview with TV-5 Canada. Will speak about the problem with the valves , and about my problem. I have to be on skype. Maybe he will talk with me.

Regards
Rici
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

Good to know, Rici.
Will keep my eye out for it!
a
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

annad wrote:Good to know, Rici.
Will keep my eye out for it!
a
Dear Annad
Tomorrow is an interview with TV 5 Canada. Tomorrow will I know when it will be on TV. An interview with me let go after 4 weeks.
Regards
Rici
muse
Family Elder

Post by muse »

Hi@,
the topic isn’t really easy for a medical layperson. I will try to write down in plain terms how I did understand Dr. Schelling’s explanation of Rici’s problem.
Arne (not a native English speaker)
p.s. Dr Schelling writes sometimes in our csvi-ms.net forum - beautiful mind. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the MRI proves emanating "Dawson fingers" or "Steiner-splashes" from the cerebral chamber - the damaged area has been targeted of pressure bumps which have been reached from the neck veins.
This can happens if the neck veins are compressed without the possibility that their content of blood can avoid fast enough towards the heart where a jugular stenosis often plays a critical role.

If the valves of the internal V. jugularis don’t close properly, under "certain circumstances" it may be possible that on the right site it’s particularly easy that the venous blood is floating up from the body to the brain - and there is where the venous brain damage takes place.
But unfortunately this "certain circumstances” at each CCSVI in MS are still far of a clear determinability.

A jugular and/or azygous stenosis preferential venous reflux along the affected venous paths. To “cure” MS with the "liberation treatment" can be more expected if the “Dawson fingers” and “Steiner-splashes” are limited on the (Dawson fingers & Steiner-splashes) associated venous stenosis.

Every dilatation of a vein puts risks on the vein valve which is unfortunately inevitable if a stent is going to be inserted. Until now there has been no follow-up of MS patients reported. So the risk of valve damage is therefore still unknown.

But if the destroyed jugularis valve isn’t located on a drainage path of the internal cerebral veins - or because of a valve insufficiency of all tributaries of the right heart site the venous reflux from the thorax is evenly distributed – there is no venous brain damage to be expected either.
Last edited by muse on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

Hello
I promised to write about "news":
1) I could go up to 400 meters after the first treatment. Out of 5 meters to the problem.
2) Strong headache and fatigue
3) I feel like after a heavy strong accident
4) Big problems with urination
5) Febrile seizures
6) Cold spells, chills
7) Cold sweats at night
8) Strong leg squat - cramp, Baclofen does not help. I take 105 mg
It is M.S. "TURBO"
Regards
Rici