That is a one bad venous reflux caused by destroyed valve.

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

gibbledygook wrote:Inclining the bed might well be worth a shot. I imagine the gravitational pull might prevent some of the reflux. However I find it very odd that a wider than normal jugular creates worse reflux so what the hell....
Hello Gibbledygook
Unfortunately, yes. See what I have reflux on my website. Without the venous valves and Dr. Schelling's website www.ms-info.net kapitel 5.
Regards
Rici
BBE
Family Member

Post by BBE »

..when I spoke with Dr. Simka in October it sounded like there is no big problem replacing jugular vein with a leg vein...even an open surgery was considered as a solution to CCSVI without angioplasty or stents. It looks like a much bigger problem now.
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

BBE wrote:..when I spoke with Dr. Simka in October it sounded like there is no big problem replacing jugular vein with a leg vein...even an open surgery was considered as a solution to CCSVI without angioplasty or stents. It looks like a much bigger problem now.
Hello
Now he changed his mind, When he found out I need an operation concerning valve amendment he changed his mind. It is a rather serious open operation under full narcosis - exchange of the vein.
Regards
Rici
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Others with post surgery problems?

Post by Rosegirl »

Rici, I am so sorry to hear of the problems you have had.

I wonder if others have had problems after the liberation procedure. I know about the one stent that made its way into the heart and the lady who died after surgery.

Do we know of anyone else who has had problems? If so, what sort of problem?

I know I don't want to be a doctor's first try at this. Maybe I don't even want to be the 20th.
Rici
Family Elder

Re: Others with post surgery problems?

Post by Rici »

Rosegirl wrote:Rici, I am so sorry to hear of the problems you have had.

Do we know of anyone else who has had problems? If so, what sort of problem?

Venous valve has been destroyed. I have strong reflux. You can see on my web site. Regards
Rici
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Rici, what is your blood pressure like?
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Does respiration / exhaling alter the density of arterial bl

Post by AndrewKFletcher »

Rici

Sorry I have not been following this thread and was alerted to it by someone who has your best interests at heart.

It is very interesting that your reflux happens every time you exhale. It certainly fits with my own research into density changes that must take place in the arterial blood each time we exhale.

The question is can we prime the circulation to flow evenly in one direction by tilting the bed? I suspect this may be the case and suggest you experiment by raising the bed by 4 inches at the head end and slow down your breathing counting to 4-5 seconds before inhaling.

The idea here is that on an angle you will release denser blood from the lungs down the main artery via the heart. This should apply slightly more tension to the venous return and assist the blood flow.

I do not have access to Doppler probe or scan and have asked a number of times for people undergoing tests to have the same test at an angle of five degrees head up over a few minutes breathing normally. I suspect we will see a sharing of the venous bloodflow throughout the veins.

The fact that a vein closes and another opens when posture changes comes as no surprise to me. Venous Circulation will inevitably be governed by the path of least resistance.

Sleeping on an inclined bed the heart rate is reduced by 10-12 beats per minute and respiration rate decreased by 4-5 breaths per minute. This should tell you a lot about whether this is going to be of use in your case. Less exhalation means less reflux!

If you decide to try IBT, please keep a journal and note down any changes.

Andrew
Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) | http://www.inclinedbedtherapy.com
Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free. Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture.
Rici
Family Elder

Re: Does respiration / exhaling alter the density of arteria

Post by Rici »

AndrewKFletcher wrote:Rici

Sorry I have not been following this thread and was alerted to it by someone who has your best interests at heart.

It is very interesting that your reflux happens every time you exhale. It certainly fits with my own research into density changes that must take place in the arterial blood each time we exhale.

The question is can we prime the circulation to flow evenly in one direction by tilting the bed? I suspect this may be the case and suggest you experiment by raising the bed by 4 inches at the head end and slow down your breathing counting to 4-5 seconds before inhaling.

The idea here is that on an angle you will release denser blood from the lungs down the main artery via the heart. This should apply slightly more tension to the venous return and assist the blood flow.

I do not have access to Doppler probe or scan and have asked a number of times for people undergoing tests to have the same test at an angle of five degrees head up over a few minutes breathing normally. I suspect we will see a sharing of the venous bloodflow throughout the veins.

The fact that a vein closes and another opens when posture changes comes as no surprise to me. Venous Circulation will inevitably be governed by the path of least resistance.

Sleeping on an inclined bed the heart rate is reduced by 10-12 beats per minute and respiration rate decreased by 4-5 breaths per minute. This should tell you a lot about whether this is going to be of use in your case. Less exhalation means less reflux!

If you decide to try IBT, please keep a journal and note down any changes.

Andrew
Andriu thanks for your advices. I am sure that my gumnastic helped me
much more - those with head down and with stoped breathing. That gymnastic put me on the way of CCSVI theory. Already in the last year me toogether with Dr Simka persuased Dr Ludyga to streamlining my veins (19.X). Now the valve in my right vein is devasteted (21.XII) and only the replacement of my right vein (which is now 3 cm too large) and regeneration of the valve will help in my recovering again. I am sure because I have already 7 weeks with much better cmfort of living and after 21st December the improvement was stoped and ........... I have turbo MS
Regards
Rici
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

gibbledygook wrote:Rici, what is your blood pressure like?
120/85
Regards
Rici
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Mmm. Perfect blood pressure, though of course they only ever measure arterial blood pressure in the arm. I wonder what sort of readings your damaged jugular would give. I reckon sleeping on an incline with your head about 6 inches higher than your feet might be helpful as Andrew suggests. Though this inclined bed therapy hasn't stopped my symptoms returning with a vengeance during the course of a very low blood pressure pregnancy. Reflux must have a variety of causes.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

Hi again, Rici,

I have read the answer of Embry. Sorry. I thought that he would be interested. Your case is in fact first line research.

Appart of that I have read that your bank charges you $11 for every transfer. I think that is an abuse, and in fact, being Poland part of Europe I think is legal that you can make an account in any other European country.

Maybe you can collect all the money in an account abroad and then make a single transfer to your local bank.

I use ING direct for transfers. They are from Holland. They charge me nothing. http://home.ingdirect.com. You could also try things like PayPal.
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

Hello
Warmly thank and
I opened my paypal Account: wiercin@gmail.com
Regards
Rici
Reytan
Family Member

Post by Reytan »

It is a good idea with PAYPAL account. What is the name of the bank charging you so much for a transfer?
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Reytan wrote:It is a good idea with PAYPAL account. What is the name of the bank charging you so much for a transfer?
Reytan - I think the Pay Pal acct. was your idea (?), that I passed on to Rici. He has the account now, but needs to get sorted out with putting a donation button on his web site, I believe. I am trying to sort it out with him, but I know little about it. If anyone knows, maybe shoot Rici (or me) a PM. Rici is fluent in German, so if you are too, it would make it easier for him. My German and Polish are pretty much limited to please and thank you.

Rici - maybe you could put the link to your web site in your signature? That would make it easier for people to get there.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

Reytan wrote:It is a good idea with PAYPAL account. What is the name of the bank charging you so much for a transfer?
Hello Reytan
Deutsche Bank - German bank but in Poland.
Regards
Rici