Frankfurt on Monday...Liberated on Tuesday ????

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
alanbrowne
Family Member

Frankfurt on Monday...Liberated on Tuesday ????

Post by alanbrowne »

Hi All,
Will be flying to Frankfurt on Sunday for Doppler and MRV testing on the Monday with hopefully treatment on the Tuesday if CCSVI is found, which is probably what I'm the most nervous about.

I also have a date for Bulgaria in May which I've kept until after visiting Germany but if all goes well I'll be happy to give this up to anyone as I wouldn't want to waste an appointment.

Wish me luck..... :D

Alan
caraboo
Family Member

franfurt

Post by caraboo »

Hi Alan,

Just a note to wish you the best of luck. I really hope everything goes wonderful. Cant wait to find out how you got on.

Karen
Pepe
Family Elder

Post by Pepe »

Hi Alan,

Good luck!
All the best to you!
Please, keep us updated.
Pepe.
María was Dx RRMS 1996. SPMS since 2003; Dx CCSVI by Dr. Simka on Dec.-2009; Balloon angioplasty on Jan.-2010 in Katowice (Poland); Betaseron (2000-2009); Tysabri since June 2009. BBD since 2003. IBT since Jan.-2010.
mtf
Family Elder

Post by mtf »

Good luck!

I'm going to Frankfurt on 2nd of May and I'll tested on 3nd of May.
Let us know how it goes

mtf
Leontien

Post by Leontien »

Hi Alan,

Since this week Dr. Vogl is sending all the Dutch people, with the diagnose CCSVI, home after the testing, because we don't have insurance for eventual hospitalisation when things go wrong during the treatment.

Our insurance companies will not pay for experimental interventions. We already knew that and so far several Dutch people got the treatment and payd it themselves.

But now they decided in Frankfurt it's not enough just to have the money for the treatment, they really want to have proof that your insurance companie will pay when you, for example, end up in the IC because something went wrong during the treatment.

We are really dissapointed and at the moment we have no idea to solve this problem.

I hope my story is a little understandable, i'm sorry for the bad grammar

I hope your insurance will cover de risks so you won't be dissapointed as well.

Good luck
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Leontien wrote:We are really dissapointed and at the moment we have no idea to solve this problem.
Man, this is an uphill battle isn't it. And btw, your English is perfect.
MarkW
Family Elder

British people OK because of NHS

Post by MarkW »

Brits usually complain about the NHS (National Health Service) but in this case it will work in our favour. We do not have health insurance in UK but the NHS treats all residents for free. The NHS is very good at emergency treatment so I do forsee any problems.
This has been tested with surgery for gastic bands and liposuction performed in Europe. If something goes wrong after returning to UK the NHS picks up the problem.

Good luck Alan.

Kind regards,
MarkW
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

I am sending you tons of luck! Please let us know how you are doing.
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
Leontien

Post by Leontien »

Rokkit wrote:
Leontien wrote:We are really dissapointed and at the moment we have no idea to solve this problem.
Man, this is an uphill battle isn't it. And btw, your English is perfect.
It certainly is :( and thank you! :D
Leontien

Re: British people OK because of NHS

Post by Leontien »

MarkW wrote: We do not have health insurance in UK but the NHS treats all residents for free. The NHS is very good at emergency treatment so I do forsee any problems.
MarkW
That's really good news for you and all the other British people!

Holland is known for the good health insurance, but now I would rather live in the UK :wink:

Then I can only say: GO FOR IT!!
alanbrowne
Family Member

Post by alanbrowne »

Many thanks for all the good wishes.
Will post next week on the experience and how it all went.

Alan