Lesions in lower spine - thats not CCSVI right?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
adamt
Family Elder

Lesions in lower spine - thats not CCSVI right?

Post by adamt »

Hi,

I was diagnosed with MS 8 years ago after an MRI showing lesions in my brain and lower spine.

I understand CCSVI causes lesions in the brain, but how can it be caused in the lower spine?

would this indicate i dont have CCSVI?

thanks
fiddler
Family Elder

CCSVI

Post by fiddler »

Adamt, there is no reason to think that lesions in the lower spine are not caused by CCSVI, perhaps especially if the venous insufficiency is caused by blockage in the azygous vein.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Cerebro Spinal - Brain and Spinal cord insufficiency - I take it higher jugulars may trace in brain; lower in cervicals; and ... go down ??
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Have you read Wheelchair Kamikaze's blog about his CCSVI treatment procedure? He had a stenosis in the azygous that was so far down the doctor could not reach it with his catheter tool. The azygous is the single big vein that runs down along your spine. Blood from the head and arms/trunk drain into it. A stenosis there causes all the same issues as a stenosis near the brain, except into the spinal cord since that is what is nearby. Brain tissue can recover/reroute far easier than spinal cord tissue. Good news about the azygous is that venoplasty there holds much better than venoplasty in the jugulasrs, which have a tendency toward restenosis. Hope to help.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
sbr487
Family Elder

Re: Lesions in lower spine - thats not CCSVI right?

Post by sbr487 »

adamt wrote:Hi,

I was diagnosed with MS 8 years ago after an MRI showing lesions in my brain and lower spine.

I understand CCSVI causes lesions in the brain, but how can it be caused in the lower spine?

would this indicate i dont have CCSVI?

thanks
I had posted a similar question and the understanding is that CCSVI in jugulars can cause lesions in the spine apart from CCSVI in azygos.

My question though was that if I have lesions in spine, does it indicate I have CCSVI in azygos - the answer was "not necessarily"
akaheather
Family Elder

Post by akaheather »

I had both brain and cervical spine lesions. (C3,c4, c5). My stenosis were high in the right IJV, both high and low in the left IJV.
No azygous involvement.
adamt
Family Elder

Post by adamt »

akaheather wrote:I had both brain and cervical spine lesions. (C3,c4, c5). My stenosis were high in the right IJV, both high and low in the left IJV.
No azygous involvement.
hi,

where in the spine were the lesions?

how long did the procedure take?

how much have your symptoms improved?

thanks