April 26, Katowice, Poland, am I alone?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Jaguar
Family Member

Post by Jaguar »

I'll be looking out for you all - I'll be with my wife Lorna, she'll be the talkative one!
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

For some reason I don't believe that Jaguar. :lol:
I will be honest and let you know that my brother will be with me and I will be the talkative one.

Val
mswife2311

Post by mswife2311 »

Is everyone still going ahead with their plans for Poland or have there been any cancellations due to the ash clouds?

German and Polish airports were supposed to open today, just wondering if the huge back log of passengers will affect our flights this weekend.

Any thoughts?
fiddler
Family Elder

Ash clouds

Post by fiddler »

My understanding is that, as long as you regular scheduled flight is flying, you will be on it. It's the folks who have been missing flights in the last few days who will have to wait for extra flights and/or bigger planes to complete their trips... but don't be late for your flight! :)
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

My husband and I were supposed to have flown over yesterday but when that flight was cancelled, we could not find a flight that would get me there for 4/26. Good luck to those of you who will have their flights resume! The doctors have been good enough to fit me in again in May, so we just did a mental reschedule rather than stress it trying to find a flight between now and Sunday. Countdown to freedom! I guess that Paul was able to get over there?! Hooray! Good luck, Ted! :D
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
Jaguar
Family Member

Post by Jaguar »

I just checked in to hotel at Charles de Gaulle airport after a nightmare flight from Montreal. They booted everyone booked on the two fights leaving Montreal and filled the plane with European nationals, sorted us all by passport! After hours of haggling my wife and I managed to squeeze on to the flight which left 4.5 hours late. It then took the looong way to Paris - way south then up.

Long story short - we arrived at the hotel 24 hours after we left our house.

And it was hard to get to our hotel due to all the people still having cancelled flights and looking for rooms.

So I don't know what will happen when I try to get on my flight out of CDG tomorrow - one thing for sure - it's likely to be an adventure! Katowice here I come, and I didn't have to use the amphicar.
sofia
Family Elder

Post by sofia »

i have been thinking about you, hoping you would make it, and it looks like you have. well done to your wife for getting you onto the plane, well done to you guys. even if paris is a long way from poland, its nt that far. made my own conserns about maneging to get to my apointment very very small.
keep us posted about your operation, and good luck with it :D
<div>I have lived with ms for 8 years. The last year has been hell, I've gone from shite to even worse every single month, until my liberation in May. </div>
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

Good job Jaguar's wife. We all need good advocats. I am scheduled to leave on Sunday out of Calgary on a Lufthansia flight to Frankfurt. As long as I make it to Europe I can rent a car if necessary.

Val
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

Wish all of you on this thread the very best of all possible outcomes with your procedures in Poland. Please keep us posted-- safe travels and good results for all!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”