Colin Rose about Kuwait

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Postby mangio » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:19 am

The old molds have been broken and alot of the old school thinking
will fade away in time. I refuse to be the patient I was previously.
I think for alot of the ms world something really fundamental has
changed. It's a new day absolutely.
mangio
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby PCakes » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:42 am

Hear! Hear!
PCakes
Family Elder

Vein expansion around narrowings

Postby 1eye » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:17 am

Maybe the narrowings are just strong spots in the vein walls. Or places where the microscopic structure causes the weird twistings and seeming deformities when placed under pressure. Like a ballooned out place in the wall of a bicycle tire when either pumped up too much or weakened by something. Also the cells are responding by trying to accommodate with new growth. Like a skin tag but way bigger.

In the case of simple narrowings, the veins are pretty equal in diameter above and below, but in bad cases they are much more distended above the initial one. This is because the reflux is being absorbed more above it, by strange-looking vein expansion/balloonings and possible blood movement in the wrong direction across the blood-brain barrier. Colin Rose says this is only caused by tricuspid valve problems. Is it?

How long after this process starts do the veins in the head give out altogether? I.e. do you stroke out? Am I a time bomb?
1eye
Family Elder

Postby eve » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:28 am

eve wrote: 'Scientifically backward country'

Hey the posting was changed into something less insulting - but we read what you wrote! What has been read cannot be unread. True colours have shone through Colin! must be an avid reader here. lol.
dx 2002,RRMS,  suspected begin of MS 1978 (age 10)
eve
Family Elder

Postby thisisalex » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:18 pm

please do NOT go to his site, and do NOT post replies to his article... i think he is only looking for his 15 minutes... or a bigger pagerank at google...
thisisalex
Family Elder

neckties!

Postby 1eye » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:26 pm

The whole condition seems to vary quite a lot, and narrowings do not always happen in both sides or the same places. They commonly seem to be related to initial narrowings on both sides of lower jugulars. Maybe I'll go back to my old 'neckties' theory of CCSVI... or maybe obstetric forceps... :)
1eye
Family Elder

Postby sou » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Slower perfusion and less oxygenation would not be really catastrophic to the face. But the nervous system consumes tons of energy thus requiring large amounts of oxygen and, of course, a perfect exhaust for the "fumes" to leave it and not build up.

My face used to be very white, anyway. 2 months after the operation it looks more natural.
Shortest joke: "We may not be able to cure MS but we can manage its symptoms."
sou
Family Elder

Postby Brainteaser » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:25 pm

XX
Last edited by Brainteaser on Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:28 pm

"Nonsense" -- another commonly used word in neurology circles. Like "desperate". Did you know that one of the treatments for MS used to be surgery? In the 1970s they were still scraping the spine to get rid of the scleroses. That was called Irrigation (not Liberation). Sounds like scab-picking to me. Also I cannot think of any procedure designed to be more painful.
1eye
Family Elder

Postby lumpc1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:59 am

FFFFF CR, I had words with him on the gleason drug show. He don't know didely. how would you like to treated by a dr with that mind? unfotunetly there are to many.
lumpc1
Family Member

Colin Rose.

Postby Gordon » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:05 am

Just ignore him. He is an old professor who never accomplished anything and he is grasping at straws as his life comes to an end and he realizes he has not accomplished anything.

Just ignore him.
Gordon
Family Elder

Strictures

Postby 1eye » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Rose, and others on his blog, have nit-picked the word "stenosis". But *maybe* that's NOT what it is. Maybe it is the strongest part of a vein that has been repetitively over-pressurized *instantaneously*, by reflux being pumped by the heart. Overall averaged blood pressure would be constant in spite of instantaneous decreases in negative pressure which, when averaged over some longer time, slow drainage. In some postures, venous blood actually enters the brain, slowing the average flow rate through the brain, and causing destruction of myelin-producing cells, by hypoxia, auto-immunity, and exposure to elemental iron. Eventually this or other collateral damage will cause death. Veins respond and try to accommodate the reflux by inflating, and by producing alternate drainage pathways. This reflux, since the heart is driving it (it pulsates), can result, not in negative, drainage pressure, but instantaneous, positive pressure toward the brain. On the surface this would seem to be a cardiac problem. The heart doesn't see anything wrong, because the lungs are still supplying arterial blood, and so what if some of the exhaust blood is going the wrong way, it's not affecting. . . passing through the sound, er, blood-brain barrier...

The overall pressure in the closed loop stays constant, just the target of these pulses of exhaust blood is feeling very sleepy. Well, I'm just resting my eyes, since I really like to look at these eyelids from the inside. . .what?? Did you say something? No? Now what was I talking about? Oh yes. Carbon monoxide poisoning. The only way to really feel safe about that, is to have your car checked. If the exhaust gets into the passenger cabin, serious injuries or death may occur. It should go straight to the lungs, ASAP. I think I'll take a nap. . .zzz zzz ...you...may need... ... ...cathetherized seat-belts... ... zzz ... balloonogram by car radio --- makes perfect stents to me... zzz ... :?
1eye
Family Elder

reflux

Postby 1eye » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:13 pm

reflux seems to be the common enemy. it seems to be either a wrong path for the blood, or maybe that broken tricuspid valve, or maybe... wrong timing...?

I can't help thinking of my broken timing belt, on my car. So the valves and cams and spark did not activate in the right time relationship. It would go, but only very, slowly, very jerkily, and with possible engine damage as I went. Could there be a wrong contraction, of heart muscles that should only ever be pumping deoxygenated blood to the *lungs*, but when valve positions mean that the contraction really momentarily pumps blood back up the jugulars? I can't help thinking of a backfiring, badly timed car engine. Are there other possibilities? I don't know much about how the heart works.
1eye
Family Elder

Postby costumenastional » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:24 am

Please, let this thread fade away will you?
I am sick and tired of seing this idiot's name in the first page of the CCSVI forum. Not to mention that i am pretty sure he is somewhere around, stalking us. So, f!@!@ him i say...
costumenastional
Family Elder

rename the thread if you don't like it

Postby 1eye » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:49 am

Look. I am sick and tired of money and numerology cabals and society executives who have no idea, after what they have seen with their eyes, what they are talking about. This is a serious, potentially deadly condition condition that is rooted in a wrong function of the HEART that causes poisoning. Having used blood go the wrong way up your jugulars, that's like a bladder or bowel backup. I have seen what that can do and it ain't pretty.

Look, put the stents on the outside. Split them down the middle, and inflate the balloon from the inside. That will force the vessel wall against the stent. Use a permanent glue to attach it it the outside of the vessel wall. Do not try to use the network of wires normally used for expansion. Just use a tube. My brother had a plastic tube in his jugular since he was a baby. There are lots of ways to skin a cat. ATTACH IT WITH FRANKENSTEIN BOLTS IF YOU HAVE TO!!

The unsolved question, which I have been worried about and probably any good cardiologist can answer, is the one a certain unmentionable person raised, which is: how does the reflux blood get all the way up to the head?

(Somebody here said it: once I say it here and somebody reads it, it is out there. So everybody knows, and if they don't want to hear it, ban me. I can take a hint.)

I think this question is more vital than whether the doctor doing the ultrasound has the correct degree according to some committee. I think it is a matter of life and death. I certainly think it is more important than sticking my toes with pins or how long I can feel a tuning fork. Over time CCSVI gets worse, and then i t k i l l s y o u. We NEED to solve this question. Research takes too long. This forum is the ONLY place besides a well known blog I will not name, where I have even seen it discussed, and that was mostly by me. Don't let Colin's negativity silence me now.
1eye
Family Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)