My right jug is twice as wide as my left. Normal? Common?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

My right jug is twice as wide as my left. Normal? Common?

Postby ndwannabe » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Unfortunately that's the only finding from the "non-CCSVI-trained" venous ultrasound today.

Will see what the venography on Wednesday will show. Though I was prepared to "look stupid" in the eyes of the local doctor, so here I am :oops:
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby ikulo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Or is your left jug half the size of the right? :) I'm only half kidding.. what did the doctor say about the results?

Good luck on the MRV - I have my ultrasound tomorrow at the local. Keeping fingers crossed for abnormal results.
ikulo
Family Elder

Postby CureIous » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Common to have a disparity in size. My right was very noticeably larger than the left. Good luck on your MRV, and remember, few if any (at least that I am aware of) Stanford patients had a + ultrasound.... Me included, so take heart! :)

Mark
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
CureIous
Family Elder

Postby ndwannabe » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:33 pm

ikulo wrote: what did the doctor say about the results?

"Your veins are fine my dear" :roll:

ikulo wrote: Keeping fingers crossed for abnormal results.
:lol: Me too!
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Postby ndwannabe » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:35 pm

CureIous wrote:Common to have a disparity in size. My right was very noticeably larger than the left. Good luck on your MRV, and remember, few if any (at least that I am aware of) Stanford patients had a + ultrasound.... Me included, so take heart! :)

Mark

Thank you for the words of encouragement Mark! Next time I am in Los Angeles, can I take you out for lunch? With your wife and kids and my husband? I've never met a "liberated" person before :)

I hope you people know that you are our heroes...
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)