90 Minute Webb Forum into CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Screen grabs of Zivadinov's slides

Postby charlie656 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:39 am

Some screen shots I took of Zivadinov's slides. These are all I got. Not sure if they are the most relevant

charlie656

Advertisement

Postby magoo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:48 am

There were so many positives....so why do I feel so discouraged?
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
magoo
Family Elder

Postby TFau » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:01 pm

I feel the same. I'm a bit worn out from thinking about the discrepancy between the Buffalo data and everyone else's data.
TFau
Family Elder

Postby LR1234 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:20 pm

I still personally believe that the venograms will really sort the controls from the MS patients.

Maybe refluxes do occur in healthy controls but maybe they still don't have the true blockages that MS patients have and at night when the MS patient is asleep is when all the damage is being done.
LR1234
Family Elder

Postby joanp » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:20 pm

can anyone explain what those numbers really mean on that chart. my mind blanks out when i look at them!
joanp
Family Member

Postby sofia » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:21 pm

i watched it all. i can't say i understood it all, but i was left with a positive feeling. i am so happy i am going to bulgaria in a month to be liberated. i even feel more enthusiastic after wathching it, then i was before.
as i am not a doctor and i dont really understand it all, i get convinced by listening to the patiens. to me it is not important if it is the cause of ms, or if it is caused by ms, i don't need it to be measured in scans and leasions, i just need to feel better.
my gut feeling says that antibiotics and clamydiae pneumoniae is probably the most likely explenation, and i will start the antibiotics later on this year, but i am as most of you desperate to get well, and i don't want to leave any stone unturned. so i want to have a go with this operation.
as they said on the show, we can't just ignore what the patients are reporting, and brush it off as placebo, cause i am pretty sure that it feels very real for all of you that has had your life improved after having the procedure. and feeling better and getting on with our lives must be the goal.
look at the sience they just presented, but also look at all the patient testemonies, there must be a conection :lol:
so off to sofia in a bit less then a month, will start counting down days soon :D [/quote]
sofia
Family Elder

Postby sofia » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:23 pm

and good point LR1234, i think that as well.
well probably because the doctor on there thought so lol
sofia
Family Elder

It's all in the p-values

Postby FlashHack » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Generally, the most important number is the "p-value." In statistics, this is the probability of seeing a result by chance. Most statisticians consider a p-value less than 0.05 (i.e., 5%) to be significant and less than 0.01 (i.e., 1%) to be highly-significant. BNAC's p-values were very compelling, and as Zivadinov indicated, the newer equipment will certainly decrease the number of false readings (both positive and negative) that they had in the original study.
FlashHack
Family Elder

Postby zinamaria » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi Flashhack,
I used to live in Portland, how's the weather?
And does anyone know how we can view this video if we missed it live?
thanx
Z
zinamaria
Family Elder

Link

Postby FlashHack » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:13 pm

FlashHack
Family Elder

Postby zinamaria » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks FlashHack..I remember those days...don't miss them either.
I tried the link you posted and my computer told me I was not authorized to view it....I am not very well advanced technologically and tend to think there is a tiny person behind my screen talking to me....any other option?
Z
zinamaria
Family Elder

In Transition

Postby FlashHack » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Looks like they have taken it down off of mediasite.com. There is a green box on the nmss that says "COMING SOON-Recording of..." so you can probably view it from there at some point.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/research/intriguing-leads-on-the-horizon/ccsvi/index.aspx
FlashHack
Family Elder

Previous

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)