CCSVI in other parts of body & MS!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Acheron
Getting to Know You...

Post by Acheron »

I believe that if they looked, they would find problems in the vertebral arteries (70% of PwMS seem to have a condition called TOS -Thoracic Outlet Syndrome) causing low oxygen in the brain. I just can't understand why they don't look at this issues.
Mutley
Family Elder

Post by Mutley »

alby wrote:Mutley,
any progress in your MS improvement? and any other MRV or doppler for your other veins? i think a full body MRV WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR EVERYONE AND THAT INCLUDES ME.
Hey Alby, how are you?

Sadly, my liberation improvements all vanished within a few weeks of coming home. I was supposed to fly back tomorrow for them to take another look at me, and maybe try a stent, but my appointment has been shifted because of all this Volcano business. Now scheduled to head over at the beginning of May. I hope to report good news real soon :D

I think a whole body MRV is the least that should be done for PWMS, let’s face it, the professions haven’t exactly gone out of their way to investigate many symptoms so far have they. Once you get labelled with MS, they just stop looking for anything else since any/all new symptoms can be explained aways as just being 'MS' :evil:
Mutley goes to Poland 1st symptom was Optic Neuritis in 1998, DX RRMS Jan 2001, DX SPMS 2007. Last EDSS by doctor 7.5
alby
Family Member

Post by alby »

Mutley you are absolutely right. MS, brain & spine legions have become the focal point :roll:
I am sorrry to hear about your current condition. hope you get better. and when you are there, you might ask for a full body MRV and see what they say, theyll probably be more open about it than here. :idea: :!:
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

best of luck this time round Mutley!
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Good luck Mutley.

I am waiting for the Dr's in the UK to get their acts together to retest me.

I have had some improvements but I also have a suspicion that my collaterals have formed again. It was never going to be an easy ride!

L x
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

this thread just started (connective tissue disorders, collagen and CCSVI), and would apply to this one:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-11311.html