Saturated fat, blood viscosity and CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Saturated fat, blood viscosity and CCSVI

Postby L » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:01 pm

If I eat an amount of saturated fat equivalent to that in a nice, tasty dark chocolate bar I will see the stiffness in my legs worsen for a couple of days. It's something that I share with most of us, I think, no?

And saturated fat increases blood viscosity. Doesn't that fit in perfectly with the CCSVI hypothesis?
L
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby LR1234 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Yes, I think the Swank diet is successful for some because it keeps the blood thinner, lowers the cholestrol and helps in general with blood flow.

If his results are to be believed his MS patients had real success with low dairy/red meat diets.
LR1234
Family Elder

Postby L » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:34 pm

LR1234 wrote:Yes, I think the Swank diet is successful for some because it keeps the blood thinner, lowers the cholestrol and helps in general with blood flow.

If his results are to be believed his MS patients had real success with low dairy/red meat diets.

I was on the 'Best Bet Diet' (an even more cautionary diet than Swank) for many years, now I'm on a watered down BBD (which I suppose is close to the Swank diet.)

I never ate any dairy or meat anyway so it wasn't too difficult but, in my BBD heyday, I was eating pretty much only fruit, vegetables and the vitamins that the BBD prescribes..
L
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)