Another doc doing the procedure!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
tzootsi
Family Elder

Another doc doing the procedure!

Post by tzootsi »

removed
Last edited by tzootsi on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

Thank you! The more the better :)

Do you happen to know some of the treatment outcomes for this particular doctor?
mshusband
Family Elder

Post by mshusband »

He's only treated 1 person so far. I believe another is scheduled for tomorrow and some shortly thereafter.

I really wish people weren't posting doctors names on websites. Maybe WHERE people are getting the Liberation Procedure done - but not doctors names. Then if you live in that area ... you can contact that person privately and go from there.

Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist, but I believe (as we've seen) that enough people are against CCSVI - neurologists, and drug companies (and MS society types) that would call hospitals and flood them with misinformation and get the treatments shut down.

And now anyone from around the world can call these doctors, and overwhelm them, which may turn them off to doing the CCSVI treatment/diagnosis. They (the doctors and their staff) have limited resources at their disposal as well don't forget.

I'm frankly probably on the more worried side about this than most ... but with lines in Poland 1+ year long ... and US doctors getting shut down (like Dr. Sclafani) ... I guess it worries me quite a bit that as soon as someone gets involved and their name gets out there ... you have potentially 2.5 million MSers and all the anti-CCSVI group who can call them, their hospital, and start this unintended consequence.

That's just my opinion though.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

MS husband it right. please remove this doctor's name. It doesn't help anyone. You can give location and then PM people...but I guarantee, he will be shut down in 24 hours by the admin at his hospital.
thanks,
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
hannakat
Family Elder

Post by hannakat »

I agree with cheer and msh ... If things were clear sailing that would be one thing but until the kinks are worked out, that doctor isn't going to stand any more of a chance in keeping it going.

Some descretion needs to be used...please..
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

Hit the EDIT button and remove the Doctor's name.
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
Salvatore24
Family Elder

Post by Salvatore24 »

I agree, even on Facebook they should not be posting names. If anything, people can find out via private messaging/email.
buggs
Getting to Know You...

Post by buggs »

I agree get rid of the name!
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

One exception to keeping a doctor's name private is when a doctor starts a clinical trial and needs to enroll a large number of patients. Dr. Sclafani posted that he wants to increase the waiting list for his upcoming CCSVI trial: http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-11020-45.html

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”