Georgetown University Hospital technicians

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Georgetown University Hospital technicians

Postby WeWillBeatMS » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:18 am

Does anyone know if the ultrasound technicians at Georgetown University Hospital are trained in Dr. Zamboni's methodology?

Thank you
<div>WeWillBeatMS<br /><br /><br />Zamboni for President!</div>
WeWillBeatMS
Family Elder

Advertisement

Georgetown techs

Postby Rosegirl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:31 am

Yes, they went to a doppler ultrasound training session in Texas to learn the Zamboni method. As of a couple of weeks ago, they had scanned about 30 people. They estimated finding blockages in about 70 percent.

This method only scans the jugulars. Ultrasound can't see the azygous vein behind the rib cage. You need a more invasive test with a dye injection to see it.
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Postby WeWillBeatMS » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:49 am

Thanks Rosegirl. I had the ultrasound test done locally here in South Florida but the technician only spent two seconds checking my jugular veins and had never heard of CCSVI (not surprisingly). He mostly was checking my arteries which all appeared fine as well as the jugulars, according to him. I do want to get my azygos vein checked too. So then how is the azygos actually tested if not ultrasound? MRV? Or do they have to do the venogram for it?
<div>WeWillBeatMS<br /><br /><br />Zamboni for President!</div>
WeWillBeatMS
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)