Kuwait didn't wait.....

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Kuwait didn't wait.....

Post by cheerleader »

Here is a study model for other modern, compassionate, and technologically advanced governments. Which country is next?

http://www.ccsvikuwait.com/

Thanks to Ali from Facebook for sending us the Kuwaiti study link...and thanks for Gici for first informing us.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Here are the preliminary study results:

CCSVI: To establish the link to M.S.
Started colour Doppler screening of neck veins
62 M.S. patients ( 32 F, 30 M)
Age group (22-57)
22 controlled group ( 15 F, 7 M)
Age (20- 59)
Dublex studies (Zamboni protocol)
Results: 62 M.S. ( 50pt , 81% positive)
22 controlled (no positive)
MRV Of neck veins
50 M.S. Patients (age, 20 – 54) Done
48 M.S. patients (96% positive)
No control group ( 50 will be enrolled)
Matched for age and sex.
Comparison of results will be made

CCSVI: Link to M.S. (Conclusion)
Our results so far shows strong link between CCSVI and M.S.
CCSVI leads to iron deposition which may trigger the inflammatory reaction leading to M.S. or at least worsen the pathology.
CCSVI may not necessary be the cause, however there is clinical relation to M.S.

CCSVI: The treatment
Pilot study. 50 pt - Started March 2010.
10 (6 F, 4 M) Volunteers with M.S.
Inclusion Criteria:
Proven M.S.
Positive (duplex study and MRV)
Not wheel chair bound or bed redden
Sign informed consent and agree to be part of experimental study.

CCSVI: The treatment 2
Venography of neck veins and Azygos in normal breathing and Valsava maneuver
All narrowing where dilated with balloon
Patients where covered with 3000 I.U. Heparin during procedure.
Discharged next day on Clexaine, Aspirin and Warfarin
Close follow up for INR, Clinical symptoms

CCSVI: The treatment results
All successful Angioplasty with satisfactory post balloon dilatation
No complications
All patients reported improvement ( 1 month) :
Improvement or disappearance of Numbness
Loss of Fatigue and increased energy
Improvement of power (foot drop)
Improvement visual acuity (No blurred vision)
Reduced electrical sensation
Memory improvement

Conclusion of CCSVI and Venous Angioplasty

It a prospective study
Try to stop the progression of MS ( it is not a cure)
Finally will audit our result with respect to
Diagnostic modality
Clinical improvement
Radiological improvement i.e. MRI
Neurological correlation
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

...Beautiful!...
nicko
Family Member

Post by nicko »

Wow... looks more and more like 90% + is going to be the number.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

This is so awesome!!

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
hwebb
Family Elder

3000-6000 PwMS

Post by hwebb »

indeed there are as many as 6000 PwMS in Kuwait (see the "our study" screen on the ccsvi Kuwait website)
jr5646
Family Elder

Post by jr5646 »

This is really amazing... On the front page of the website, the stats from 1993 to current showing the increase prevalance, really makes a case for an environmental factor... perhaps the environmental factor causes congenital malformed veins ....

Also, so much for the vit. d (or lack thereof) theroy.. it's the desert!!! maybe they just recently started using lots of sunscreen... lol

I'll be following them and lets hope more and more countrys follow too...
Rose2
Family Elder

Post by Rose2 »

This has gone from "Unbelievable to Believable" !!!!
I know not real words but you know what I mean!!!
I believe this WILL explode. I don't know how and I don't know when but it will.
I have the HOPE.
Rose ;)
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

jr5646 wrote:This is really amazing... On the front page of the website, the stats from 1993 to current showing the increase prevalance, really makes a case for an environmental factor... perhaps the environmental factor causes congenital malformed veins ....

Also, so much for the vit. d (or lack thereof) theroy.. it's the desert!!! maybe they just recently started using lots of sunscreen... lol

I'll be following them and lets hope more and more countrys follow too...
Dr. Zamboni has spoken about how he believes CCSVI is a congenital malformation which can be exacerbated by endothelial disruption.
One of our Facebook posters posited in was the fact that women are more covered in traditional burkas, and do not get enough vitamin D. Maybe it is more of a western diet and saturated fats, maybe the growth in industrialization in Kuwait, maybe toxins in oil refining, or the Gulf War and burning oil wells (many vets came home with MS, too)...all would be considered endothelial disrupters.

So glad these researchers are looking at all of these factors-
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
hwebb
Family Elder

I'd put my money on vitamin d deficiency

Post by hwebb »

believe it or not, vitamin D deficiency is very common even in Australia (including in sunny southern Queensland). Obviously Australians wear western-style clothes, but the "slip, slop, slap" sunscreen message has sunk in. It is modern habit to spend a lot of time indoors avoiding the sun, or when outdoors "slip on a shirt, slop on sunscreen and slap on a hat". This well-meaning public health message may have gone too far.
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

In Kuwait the MS patient is increasing and it is estimated about 3000 – 6000 patients.

In conclusion, the incidence and prevalence of MS in Kuwait has increased between the early and late 1990s with no signs of leveling off.

So my question is why the increase? And it’s not just Kuwait seeing this increase.
Our results so far shows strong link between CCSVI and M.S.

It has also been established that CCSVI is a congenital disorder and precedes the development of MS.
OK, so what starts all this congenital disorder? How do we get to the bottom of that? What is X if: X = congenital disorder = MS

I can’t believe it’s just genetic and passed by our genes. That wouldn’t explain it’s rapid increase.

I’m thinking it’s organic in origin. Because MS has been with us for quite a while.

More like a lack of something in parents diet like Vitamin D or because, starting with our parents generation, we don’t cook with bones anymore, so we get much less collagen in our diets.

Or maybe it’s the pesticides used in farming since the 40’s that we’ve all been ingesting like PCB, DDT etc; or the fertilizers, or pollution in general. But wait, MS has been around much longer than these things, so again,

I’m thinking it’s organic in origin. But again, something that’s been present all along, just getting stronger in nature over the last few years.

I think maybe it’s something naturally occurring but in an overgrowth state such as Candida albicans where the mother has this condition and in the womb the fetus then has the same condition and it effects the vascular system during it’s developmental stage.

The truncular venous malformation (VM) represents an embryologically defective vein where developmental arrest has occurred during the vascular trunk formation period in the 'later stage' of the embryonic development.
I can’t find it, but I’m pretty sure Dr. Zamboni eluded to something along these lines in his research. I believe I read it paraphrased on another thread.

Or it could be fungal, even parasitic in nature that follows the same scenario as above. Kind of like what they learned about the origin of ulcers.

But if it is organic in origin, why the increase now? What has changed?

The increasing cases of MS have been steady, but these documented stats regarding this 7 year period, 1993 - 2000, in Kuwait is very powerful.

As we get closer to answers, there are so many questions…………I believe it is a puzzle!
mags4short
Family Elder

Post by mags4short »

This is amazing, if all else fails here, I will be moving to Kuwait!!

Mags x
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

I am dissapointed.

EXCLUSION CRITERIA:
Patient with abnormal mental status.

Thank God i dont leave there...

Seriously now, great link. All these researchers cant be wrong. It s fantastic that the train CANNOT be stopped.

It would be a great thing if some of us could send them a note to thank them for looking into this. I did. You know...the contact us tab, on the right corner...
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

cheerleader wrote:Here are the preliminary study results:
I don't understand. Does this mean that they have completed a part of the trial? Why don't they just publish it in an international magazine?
sofia
Family Elder

Post by sofia »

After worl war II, the Faroe Island experienced a peak in MS, before then there were no MS on the islands, and after it was a reported many cases. Faroe Islands have not got a big population in the first place, i do not have any numers here, but im sure they could be found if googeled.

Anyway theories have been conserned with the UK troops that was based there during the war. Maybe it is something similar in Kuwait. The when they got large numer of forginers coming in, they develop the same MS rate as the forgin troops.

Maybe it is adapting diet, or maybe it is a germ that is spreading from person to person. It takes me a bit back to the antibiotics and dr Wheldons regime.

Non of these explanations ccsiv or antibiotix exclude vitamin d as a working factor. It must be many reasons why ms develops. We should just be happy that they with ccsiv have found one that can easily be excluded with simple surgical procedure. Something that will buy us more time waiting for further reasearch into different causes.

Thanks to Kuwait for more studies :-)
<div>I have lived with ms for 8 years. The last year has been hell, I've gone from shite to even worse every single month, until my liberation in May. </div>

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”