Dr. Brandes---treat CCSVI now, remove MS from the equation

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

This is a great find- Dr. Brandes. Well done JB.

Flashhack .... please do not encourage Bob . As you have discovered he has little to offer other than baseless nonsense . :evil:

PX - you are an intelligent contributor here at TIMS ....and yet you make no effort to distance yourself from Bob . Why is that ? As always I read and respect your posts even though I disagree with your views in many instances. Unlike Bob , I know you have done your homework.

I'm at a loss as to why someone like you seems to be saying ...yeah ,what he said ...... :!: :?: :!: :?:

Mr.Success
Someday
Getting to Know You...

Post by Someday »

1eye, that is very wise advice. I, for one, will from now on skip over certain names and avoid reading their posts - for the sake of my mental health.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

More specifically, I maintain great hope for the future of "rebooting" the immune system
Bob, I read your post with great interest, but sadly could not digest it because of... my condition. I will try again later.

I do wonder about the quote above - on several levels.

Firstly, I am not familiar with any of the MS drugs, or what their modalities are. I presume that HDC is a chemo drug that obliterates the immune system when you refer to "re-booting".

2006 - Prineas et al found that the immune system is not present in new, forming lesions at autopsy - bringing into question the auto-immune theory. There was another group with the same findings, I believe. If I am out to lunch on that, forgive me. My brain is in frozen mode right now.

I think that killing the immune system may be counter-intuitive, if it is just cleaning up as it should. Seems to me that is the equivalent of giving yourself AIDS.

Again, I know nothing of these drugs, and simply expressing nebulous thoughts.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

umm....what happened here? I thought we were discussing a doctor's take on removing CCSVI from MS and treating venous occlusion?

Dr. Lorne Brandes, in his own words....
My research has concentrated on the role of histamine and other bioamines as intracellular regulators of cell growth and homeostasis. In collaboration with Prof. Frank LaBella in the Department of Pharmacology, I have demonstrated that histamine binds intracellularly to sites in microsomes, nuclei and chromatin. A major proportion of the microsomal histamine sites represents P450 enzymes. Employing spectral analysis, we have demonstrated that histamine binds directly to the heme iron of P450. We have also identified many endogenous and exogenous antagonists of histamine binding to P450, including polyamines, H1-antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclic antidepressants, antiestrogens and antiandrogens. Through binding to substrate sites in the heme cavity or, in the case of polyamines, to sites external to the heme cavity, these agents allosterically inhibit histamine binding to the heme iron. We have shown a strong correlation among (a) in vitro drug potencies to inhibit (i) histamine binding to P450, (ii) P450-mediated demethylation and aminopyrine, and (iii) mitogenesis, and (b) in vivo potencies to modulate tumor growth. We have proposed that intracellular histamine governs the catalytic activity of P450 enzymes that metabolize lipid mediators involved in growth regulation, including hormones and prostanoids. Antagonism of the histamine/P450 complex by various endogenous substances or exogenous drugs may perturb steady-state levels of these monooxygenase-generated mediators of proliferation.

The discovery of intracellular histamine binding sites followed the synthesis, in my laboratory, of N,N-diethyl-2-[4-(phenylmethyl) phenoxy] ethanamine.HCl (DPPE). DPPE, which is structurally similar to various arylalkykamines of the classes noted above, has both antiproliferative and cytotoxic properties. DPPE is cytoprotective to normal bone marrow and gut endothelial cells but potentiates cytotoxicity of a variety of antineoplastic agents to malignant cells in vitro and in vivo. DPPE has been licensed to Bristol-Meyers Squibb and is currently in phase 2 and 3 clinical trials in breast and prostate cancer.
link

gosh...he sounds kinda smart, maybe too smart to be duped by all this looney CCSVI blogger mania? I dunno...maybe we shouldn't read anything he writes, since it's not in color and stuff. :idea: :cry:
cheer :!: :!: :!:
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Is it any wonder, then, that Canadian MS patients are demanding that they be tested for CCSVI and treated if blocked veins are found? Who among us would feel differently if so afflicted?
Dr. Lorne Brandes
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

let patients be tested for venous insufficiency , and if it is found , let it be treated, whether or not it is connected to MS. fa, la, la, la, la,--la, la, la, la.
:wink:
I got the last word....
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Venous insufficiency is a known disease. Whether or not it is connected to MS, it is treated. Doctors treat venous insufficiency. It's a recognized medical condition. And doctors treat it! Venous insufficiency is not a bee sting, or a glass of juice. Those would be treatments.

Venous insufficiency is a disease . Angioplasty or anticoagulants would be the treatment .
Good night, Bob.

link to research regarding jugular thrombosis/venous insufficiency

link to venous insufficiency research

link to more research
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

more info on Dr. Brandes and his CCSVI opinion is of great interest . :idea:

Not sure I want to waste my eye sight and get eye strain reading posts from newbies trying to set old bob straight on the facts. :evil:

Old TIMS hands are hip to his game ....and just scroll past the Lyon posts ..unread.

Trust me. You will sleep better at night if you practice this habit. :idea:

To compare CCSVI to bee stings , apple juice , or other odd ball ideas is a great insult to the medical professionals undertaking this amazing new idea.

Devils Advocate ? So far ....no need to be. I have followed the CCSVI theory from day One. It is absolutley incredible. A stunning revelation.

And I have yet to see/read any proof that CCSVI -is without merit- offered by those that are playing the other side. :idea:

Don't tell me .....SHOW ME . [ Right OC ?]

Mr.Success