Our Poland Experience (April 14, 2010)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Re: Physical Therapist Post-Assessment

Postby ndwannabe » Tue May 04, 2010 10:59 pm

bobcat wrote:Today my wife returned to the physical therapist that performed the initial assessment prior to the procedure. Needless to say he was both excited and surprised by the 25% improvement he was able to "quantify"!! They are now going to move her out of water therapy and into excercises to continue to increase her leg strength and improve balance.

She was so thrilled to receive the validation today!! Not to mention she is waking more and more. Her latest accomplishment was to walk through the grocery store instead of using the scooter....couldn't do that 9 mo ago!

bobcat wrote: Repeat after me....it's not a placebo effect!

ndwannabe
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Johnson » Tue May 04, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm not sure if it's in sand they have their heads stuck.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Johnson
Family Elder

Postby Zeureka » Wed May 05, 2010 5:44 am

ndwannabe wrote:
bobcat wrote:Today my wife returned to the physical therapist that performed the initial assessment prior to the procedure. Needless to say he was both excited and surprised by the 25% improvement he was able to "quantify"!! They are now going to move her out of water therapy and into excercises to continue to increase her leg strength and improve balance.

She was so thrilled to receive the validation today!! Not to mention she is waking more and more. Her latest accomplishment was to walk through the grocery store instead of using the scooter....couldn't do that 9 mo ago!

bobcat wrote: Repeat after me....it's not a placebo effect!

It's not a placebo effect :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D
Zeureka
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Wed May 05, 2010 11:44 am

bobcat wrote:Her latest accomplishment was to walk through the grocery store instead of using the scooter....couldn't do that 9 mo ago!

That is fantastic!! Really the placebo effect can only do so much. I figure the placebo effect has about the strength of the Copaxone I inject...28% reduction of relapses but no impact on long-term downward progression...and that's being generous to the placebo effect, I think. When you compare the reported results of liberation to that, you are not even in the same ball game.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Cece
Family Elder

Previous

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)