Westmount Square Imaging, Montreal - STOPPED

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

My neurologist strike has been a given for quite some time now. But I am only one.

Step by step the longest march can be won
Many stones to make an arch, singly none
-Pete Seeger
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
BELOU
Family Elder

Post by BELOU »

Sorry but I don't understand 'My neurologist strike has been a given for quite some time now. But I am only one. ' I know, it should be some kind of expression but could you explain. I'm French Canadian.
Marc
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

CCSVI is a vascular condition that results in the neurological condition known as MS...it is worrisome to hear talk of neurologist strikes, when we do all have a neurological condition...
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
fiddler
Family Elder

Are we sure?

Post by fiddler »

It would be good to know the whole story before we start getting upset... who has forbidden whom from doing what, and for what reason. If the assumption of some of you is correct and it is the CMQ that has ordered the Westmount Clinic from doing Dopplers, I would still like to know why - or at least the reason they give, because if it is not a VERY valid reason, I would think that the organization should be facing one hell of a class-action law suit, wouldn't you think?
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
annad
Family Elder

Re: Are we sure?

Post by annad »

fiddler wrote:It would be good to know the whole story before we start getting upset... who has forbidden whom from doing what, and for what reason. If the assumption of some of you is correct and it is the CMQ that has ordered the Westmount Clinic from doing Dopplers, I would still like to know why - or at least the reason they give, because if it is not a VERY valid reason, I would think that the organization should be facing one hell of a class-action law suit, wouldn't you think?
...Ted
fiddler,
My friend was on the phone with Westmount and she gave me the info to pass along as she's not on TIMS. I asked her about why the doppler and not the MRV as it just doesn't make sense and they didn't give her a reason just that it is a decision from "Le Collège des médecins".
Hopefully, it's temporary.
a
fiddler
Family Elder

We need more information

Post by fiddler »

Thank you, Anna, I understand, but we need more information... I don't mean that I'm expecting or asking you to get it, but rather that perhaps someone who has contacts in Westmount can get the story, or can get Westmount and/or the CMQ to explain the situation. Better still, sounds like a job for a Montreal journalist... anyone out there know one?
...Ted
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

I suspect they are being vague with reasoning for a reason, as funny as that sounds.
Good idea about the journalist. I will ask my friend who is out there. She may have a link or two.
Shouldn't you be resting??? lol
be well
fiddler
Family Elder

Can't sleep

Post by fiddler »

We have an early flight tomorrow, but can't sleep... gonna pay for it tomorrow...
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

I have e-mailed CMQ for clarification on the situation.
Hopefully, they'll respond.
Safe flight back home, Ted.
a
eric593
Family Elder

Post by eric593 »

Please let us know whether they respond, annad. We need to nail these regulatory bodies down on their position so that we can make it public and respond accordingly.
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

For sure, Eric.
eric593
Family Elder

Post by eric593 »

You know, we need to flood all these organizations and our politicians with the Consensus Statement of the International uni0n of Phlebography.

http://csvi-ms.net/en/content/consensus ... y-iup-2009

Surely that must carry some weight to those who are saying that CCSVI testing should not be considered within the "standard of care" provided by our doctors and the basis this clinic and others are using to deny us private testing.

If the condition has been acknowledged by a reputable body of international experts, how could testing for the condition be denied?

Is the IUP an organization with some credentials to it that others should not be able to deny their consensus statement?
Shueywho
Family Member

Westmount Imaging website update.

Post by Shueywho »

The notice on Westmounts website changed today to the following update.

http://www.radiologymontreal.com/

News announcement

Please note that we are no longer booking the Jugular Vein Doppler for Venous Insufficiency. We have been advised by the college des medecins to hold off on them until they officially rule on the practise of this exam. We regret the inconvenience this may cause however we have agreed to comply with this request and will not offer this service until further notice.

For more information on CCSVI please refer to the below websites

http://csvi-ms.net/en
http://www.mssociety.ca/en/research/med ... 21_faq.htm

and forums such as:

http://www.thisisms.com/forum-40.html
http://www.msliberation.ca/MS_Liberatio ... sting.html :( :( :(
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

Thank you for that! I checked their site a day or two ago and nothing was there.
Still scratching my head.
:?
Brightspot
Family Elder

Post by Brightspot »

Good point PCakes.
I for one have no intention of returning to the UBC MS Clinic.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”