canadian trials

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Billmeik
Family Elder

canadian trials

Post by Billmeik »

http://www.cmaj.ca/earlyreleases/3may10 ... for-ms.dtl

this is dated may 3.
“A lot of people are anxious to have a test done and surgery without having the validation done first,” says Dr. Anthony Traboulsee, the medical director of UBC’s MS clinic. “Our feeling is that the validation of Zamboni’s original findings needs to be done first before people run off to have surgery.”

oh good another bad replication. We have 5 or 6 already but in the last few days I have still read 'there is no replication' a lot. There is, and buffalo was the worst, but ignoring it is not on.

I find it troubling that science is so flakey. It is totally feasible that someone from big science in North america will return 40% and that will be the end of that, just because the imaging is bad. Or not bad, just standard. And because they are from na they'll get listened to..
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

bad mood this morning. I want liberated. It's the neuros in BC who are blocking it.

This is good news there is a trial in bc by my neuro and although I'm deeply afraid that his experience with mri (training under the guy who first saw ms on an mri,) is going to bias him away from doppler, which although way cheaper is the better tool in good hands for finding ccsvi blockages I am optimistic because hes a good guy and has an open mind. Sitting the patient up, digging in a changing the angle...can't be done on mri.

But it's the 'missing 30%' that is the real issue. Copying buffalo gets you 60%, to get higher you have to copy simka. They won't do that, although they brought him over for training. They'll go with the 60% which is hard enough to replicate, and consider films and membranes and valves an important future direction. Like Buffalo.

But this is eroding the logic and is bad Science. Buffalo did bad science. Or at least that's my hope. I'm just a patient operating on wishful thinking.