AMEDS Poland?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
BadCopy
Family Elder

Post by BadCopy »

I had asked Marcin about stents a while back and his answer was yes they will offer them. Obviously only if it is safe to do so in the area of stenosis.

I was offered Aug 12th the other day. I wrote back informing them to remove me from their list. My first contact with them was very end of February. On the AMEDS FB page Marcin said that if things continue as is they will begin June 11th.

I dropped off because I have an appt with Euromedic and was just informed it will be aroung Dec of 2010. I am willing to wait to see Simkas team.
Ciara

Post by Ciara »

I know that AMEDS is starting with CCSVI libertation on 11th June. I will register, too. Does anyone knows anything about doctors there? Please all the informations are welcome. Thanks everyone!
JOJOB
Family Member

Post by JOJOB »

I have registered with AMEDS end of february and I just had a date 1st september. Reconfirmed the date by e-mail to AMEDS.

That's all heard nothing else about them !!!
Rialynn
Family Member

Post by Rialynn »

A new update from AMEDS Poland Posted to there facebook Group page
Things are moving along:
at approx 9:00 AM EST June 8 2010
Marcin Duszyński Posted

I am happy to inform that the preparation stage has been successfully completed.
All dates that have been given to patients as preliminary are now confirmed as final.

If you have been given a date, you can now make all travel arrangements. Please, arrive to Warsaw at least two days prior to given date. You will be picked up from the airport and driven to the hotel where you will spend time prior to the examination and treatment. Also, make sure that your return date is at least five days after the admission (not arrival) date.

Si vous avez reçu une date, vous pouvez maintenant prendre toutes les dispositions Voyage. S'il vous plaît, arrive à Varsovie au moins deux jours avant la date donnée. Vous serez pris en charge de l'aéroport et conduits à l'hôtel où vous passerez de temps avant l'examen et de traitement. Aussi, assurez-vous que votre date de retour est d'au moins cinq jours après l'admission (pas d'arrivée) date.
Here's to Warm Feet and Rediscovered Sensations :RRMS diagnsed 1998, I am 38.From Barrie Ontario Canada.
Rialynn
Family Member

Post by Rialynn »

I am still waiting on a date pre registered confirmed April 10 2010. I am hoping that those who have comfirmed appointments the best sucess. Please report how you are doing thanks all who are following and participating on this thread
Here's to Warm Feet and Rediscovered Sensations :RRMS diagnsed 1998, I am 38.From Barrie Ontario Canada.
Farmer
Getting to Know You...

Post by Farmer »

I registered 21 Jan, my date is 8th July, I am in the process of booking flights.
When I am back I will let you know how it worked out.
Rialynn
Family Member

Post by Rialynn »

That is great news Farmer. Where are you from? Looking forward to your sucessful Liberation. Best wishes.
Rialynn
Family Member

Post by Rialynn »

Ciara wrote:I know that AMEDS is starting with CCSVI libertation on 11th June. I will register, too. Does anyone knows anything about doctors there? Please all the informations are welcome. Thanks everyone!
I found this info on the Ameds poland website and it gives infor on their Medical team. I hope this helps

http://ameds.pl/Our_people_Medical_Team
Ciara

Post by Ciara »

Thank You all, every information is welcome!!! Best wishes Farmer for Your Liberation Procedure.
Ciara

Post by Ciara »

Rialynn wrote:
Ciara wrote:I know that AMEDS is starting with CCSVI libertation on 11th June. I will register, too. Does anyone knows anything about doctors there? Please all the informations are welcome. Thanks everyone!
I found this info on the Ameds poland website and it gives infor on their Medical team. I hope this helps

http://ameds.pl/Our_people_Medical_Team
Thanks Rialynn- It helped me a lot!
Louise3

CCSVI Testing and Treatment

Post by Louise3 »

I am off to Ameds Centrum on Monday 14/6/2010 for testing and Treatment if nessary 16/6/2010 I managed to get a last minute cancellation with them so not much notice but I going to find out if I am blocked and if so unblock me please. Please all Keep everything crossed for me and I will report back as soon as I can maybe even from Poland :)
SandyK
Family Elder

Post by SandyK »

Best of luck!
MarkW
Family Elder

AMEDS Price List

Post by MarkW »

Information from AMEDS Centrum:

The price list for CCSVI examinations and treatments. Prices are exclusive of travelling and lodging costs.

CCSVI EXAMINATION (USG Doppler, MRV, neurologic examination, lab tests) 1.390 EUR

Then add treatment cost according to treatment performed (if any):

ANGIOPLASTY
(Phlebography rtg, balooning, 2 nights at the hospital, USG Doppler follow-up) 2.990 EUR

ONE STENT
(Phlebography rtg, one stent, 2 nights at the hospital, USG Doppler follow-up) 3.790 EUR

TWO STENTS
(Phlebography rtg, two stents, 2 nights at the hospital, USG Doppler follow-up) 4.490 EUR

Registration (booking) at http://ameds.pl/

Hope this is useful,
MarkW
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
Farmer
Getting to Know You...

Ameds

Post by Farmer »

All the best Louise3.
I am flying out on the 5th July, would be great to get some information about Ameds from you.
larmo
Family Member

Post by larmo »

My procedure is scheduled for August 25th.
I was to be treated by Dr. S. on May 11th, 3 weeks after he was shut down. I prepaid for the hotel and it is not refundable - so I'm out over $1000. Even adding that in, it's still much cheaper to go to Poland. I'm going to save upwards of $10K. $5K is probably more realistic. Since they are going full speed starting this week, they will have plenty of experience by the time they get to me.
I WANT STENTS - because I can't really afford to go back. I made that decision back in December.
I'm not counting the days because I've been let down enough times to know better than to get my hopes up. Once I'm in the air going to Poland, then I'll believe it. The other bigger volcano in Iceland should erupt any day now. It did it the last 3 times this one blew. Right about this far apart so I'm expecting it to screw up my plans any day now. If it doesn't, that's icing on the cake. If it does, than my expectations have been met. Either way I can't lose. Sure, it's a small win to be right, I'd rather be wrong and treated, but I'll take anything I can get !!!

Anybody need a room in Brooklyn cheap :)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”