CCSVI treatment available in the U.S.!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Postby notadoc » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:52 am

Arizona Heart Institute, Venous Insufficiency Program.

There has been very little posted here about this treatment opportunity. Some concern has been expressed based on their filing for bankruptcy and being bought by a much larger company. I am not especially concerned about that as bankruptcy brings more protections to the client and paying by credit card brings more as well.

I am scheduled there on October 4-5 and would be interested in learning about the experiences of others. To this point they have been very responsive to my questions and explaining their procedures.

Their costs are in line with other providers, they are relatively close to where I live near Denver, and the waiting list seems to be short. None of the providers will take my insurance, so that is not a factor for me.

So, any other VIP patients or prospective patients out there?

Notadoc
User avatar
notadoc
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Denver

Advertisement

Postby BevB » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

gregw wrote:Today I was called and offered a date for treatment in Albany, NY: Oct. 27th. There was a cancellation... original call: May 24th... since I am from Canada, treatment will be in clinic... was quoted $3000 for venography, $2000 for angioplasty, $2000 per stent (if required) - but was told that starting in November prices are going up! When they contact me again I will try to find out the new prices...


Congratulations what great news for you :D Prices going up not so good for those of us paying out of pocket. Hopefully the increase won't be tool much. Thank you for trying to find out the new prices for us when they contact you again.

Wishing you all the best!!!
User avatar
BevB
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Postby jewelia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:38 pm

gregw wrote:Today I was called and offered a date for treatment in Albany, NY: Oct. 27th. There was a cancellation... original call: May 24th... since I am from Canada, treatment will be in clinic... was quoted $3000 for venography, $2000 for angioplasty, $2000 per stent (if required) - but was told that starting in November prices are going up! When they contact me again I will try to find out the new prices...


Thank you so much for sharing Greg! I am from Canada too and called on June 7. Your information really gives me a good idea of how things are going timewise

Congratulations on your appointment date and best of luck to you.
User avatar
jewelia
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Postby bruce123 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:59 am

gregw wrote:Today I was called and offered a date for treatment in Albany, NY: Oct. 27th. There was a cancellation... original call: May 24th... since I am from Canada, treatment will be in clinic... was quoted $3000 for venography, $2000 for angioplasty, $2000 per stent (if required) - but was told that starting in November prices are going up! When they contact me again I will try to find out the new prices...


Just a reminder that there is a thread called Appointment Dates for Comunity Care in Albany where you can post information on when you origonally called the clinic and when you get your appointment. That way the information is all in one place. I copied gregw's post there.

Bruce.
User avatar
bruce123
Family Elder
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Postby fogdweller » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:02 pm

I am now 3 hours post procedure at Pacific Central. I was seen and treated by Dr. Harris, an associate of Dr. Arata, at their Downy clinic, not at a hospital because i am still arguing with my insurance company.

If anyone wants any specific info, I will be glad to answer them if they pm me. If it turns in to too many, I may not, but I will try for now.

Nothing dramatic to report yet, but of course nothing bad. Angioplasty, and especially venous antioplasty is so safe and fast that it was a relatively stress free 2 1/2 hrw.

gotta call family and let them know. Keep the faith!!!
User avatar
fogdweller
Family Elder
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Postby MrSuccess » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:06 pm

way to go fog




Mr. Success
User avatar
MrSuccess
Family Elder
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Postby gregw » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Albany update: I was first offered Oct 27th (they had a cancellation), but they called back the next day to say the doctor had something come up and they would have to reschedule me in November... unless I could come Oct. 6th (somebody cancelled just before they called me). I accepted of course. I just found out today that the cost for the venogram + angioplasty will go up to $6000 in November from its current $5000. Cost is $400 for the scheduled follow-ups (doctor office visit and doppler scan at 3, 6, 12, 18, 24 months). If restonosis occurs, the doctor will determine when and at what price he would retreat. My original call to Albany was May 24th.
User avatar
gregw
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:00 pm

Postby TFau » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:23 am

fogdweller wrote:I am now 3 hours post procedure at Pacific Central. I was seen and treated by Dr. Harris, an associate of Dr. Arata, at their Downy clinic, not at a hospital because i am still arguing with my insurance company.

If anyone wants any specific info, I will be glad to answer them if they pm me. If it turns in to too many, I may not, but I will try for now.

Nothing dramatic to report yet, but of course nothing bad. Angioplasty, and especially venous antioplasty is so safe and fast that it was a relatively stress free 2 1/2 hrw.

gotta call family and let them know. Keep the faith!!!


I am so happy for you! I hope that you find some relief. Good job!
User avatar
TFau
Family Elder
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:00 pm

Postby longman111 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:41 am

I am glad they have a program for follow ups as there is obvious concerns for restenosis. Please post back on how the procedure works for regardless of the outcome; I am finding very few people doing that which is a bit disconcerning. My wife goes for the mrv/consult on 10/27 in Albany.

gregw wrote:Albany update: I was first offered Oct 27th (they had a cancellation), but they called back the next day to say the doctor had something come up and they would have to reschedule me in November... unless I could come Oct. 6th (somebody cancelled just before they called me). I accepted of course. I just found out today that the cost for the venogram + angioplasty will go up to $6000 in November from its current $5000. Cost is $400 for the scheduled follow-ups (doctor office visit and doppler scan at 3, 6, 12, 18, 24 months). If restonosis occurs, the doctor will determine when and at what price he would retreat. My original call to Albany was May 24th.
User avatar
longman111
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Postby msgator » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:44 pm

bump
always look on the bright side of life

Veins opened 10/15/10. RIJV still on the small side. Feeling much better.
User avatar
msgator
Family Elder
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: USA

Thanks for the tip

Postby djurliv » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Just a note of thanks to all who have posted useful information here in recent months. I haven't said much....um, anything....until today, but two weeks on after the treatment, my amazing wife is on the uphill.

We went to Albany Medical Center thanks to the information in this thread. The team there was great. We connected with them all right away.

Linda had significant stenoses in both jugulars. Dr. Siskin said he could see blood flow improved significantly after angioplasty.

I just posted results in the tracking thread: http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-136923.html#136923 I have also posted some additional reflections on my blog: http://awildolivebranch.blogspot.com

We really appreciate the sharing and the camaraderie in this community. As our daughter puts it, "you guys rock."

David
User avatar
djurliv
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: Alaska

CCSVI TESTING AND TREATMENT IN AZ

Postby htribe74 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Dont know if this is the proper place to post but wanted to share that CCSVI TESTING and TREATMENT is now being done in AZ. Screenings by specially trained technicians using the Zamboni protocol are being offered by AZ Doppler Specialists. If testing is positive(showing veneous abnormality) patients will be immediately scheduled for Liberation. Insurance accepted and IMMEDIATE appointments available. Anyone who has a loved one suffering from Multiple Sclerosis and is looking to be liberated-- please contact: heidi@azdoppler.com or 602 568 5044.
Last edited by htribe74 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
htribe74
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Postby Cece » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:00 pm

http://www.azdoppler.com/

A link to the website of the Arizona Doppler Specialists. They appear to be an imaging only group, much like CCSVI Atlanta, that then refers you to certain IRs for treatment.
Cece
Family Elder
 
Posts: 9004
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Postby notadoc » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:21 pm

I had angioplasty yesterday at the Arizona Heart Institute in Phoenix. It was an entirely positive experience for me as they treated five different locations. Staff was extremely efficient and competent, and the treatment was everything I could have expected.

They told me I was patient 30 and their waiting list is less than 100. I think they did five yesterday, so for someone who wants highly qualified treatment at an excellent facility soon, this is an option worth checking out.
User avatar
notadoc
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Denver

Postby bruce123 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm sure this has been posted before but somehow I missed it.

Rode Island Vascular Institute
Started CCSVI treatments in September
200 people on waiting list. Expected treatment dates are currently January.
Cost is $6500 plus $1500 per stent if stents are needed (this is cheaper than most)
4 days are required, day 1 is consult, treatment is on day 2 or 3, day 4 is a followup.
User avatar
bruce123
Family Elder
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Contact us | Terms of Service