Recuiting more Dr.

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Recuiting more Dr.

Postby TurfMan » Fri May 14, 2010 8:59 am

I made a cold call to my local University Hospital and struck gold. Within one pass-offs on the phone line I was speaking to the Chief of Radiology, an Intervention Radiologist to boot. I had so much to say about CCSVI that it began to overwhelm me. I was relaxed and relieved when his first statement was a warm, heartfelt “how can I help you”. Long story short we have a sit down planned for mid June. He has responded to my emails and thinks the hypothesis is “Intriguing”. My question to the group is how I keep the ball rolling? Has anyone had experience with this situation? My goal is to involve them, The University, in the CCSVI world and possibly get a local trial site started. I really want to be Liberated myself but I also want them to start a local trial and begin treatments for any MSer's.
User avatar
TurfMan
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Advertisement

Postby ndwannabe » Fri May 14, 2010 9:19 am

Excellent!

What country are you in? And state if applicable :)
User avatar
ndwannabe
Family Elder
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Postby bestadmom » Fri May 14, 2010 9:26 am

I did this with Dr. Sclafani. You can give the doctor research and the rest is up to him/her. Intrigue is good. That is the same word Dr. S used.

This IR should reach out to the others doing the procedure. There's a lot to learn and there's no reason to start with no help. This group of doctors seems to be very amenable to sharing info.
User avatar
bestadmom
Family Elder
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: CT

Postby ozarkcanoer » Fri May 14, 2010 9:35 am

I did this with my neuroradiologist. But he wants me to be tested at BNAC, LOL. He thinks they will be better tests than he can do.

ozarkcanoer
User avatar
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Postby MrSuccess » Fri May 14, 2010 10:01 am

It is my understanding that many have traveled to Italy to be trained by Dr. Zamboni . Who they are/were is so far , unknown.

In addition to the special training .... special equipment is required. I cannot remember what exactly in the moment.

When those that have recieved the proper CCSVI training return to their respective medical home base's ......they will be in position to help.

Note : Dr. Ziv... in Buffalo does not use the Zamboni protocol ..... but still reports CCSVI in high numbers in MS people.

The first question you may want to ask your IR .... is ..... Have you been trained in CCSVI intervention by Dr. Zamboni ? :?:

Dr. McDonald has . And the reported results are ...... amazing ... :!: :!:




Mr. Success
User avatar
MrSuccess
Family Elder
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Recuiting more Dr.

Postby tzootsi » Fri May 14, 2010 10:24 am

TurfMan wrote:I made a cold call to my local University Hospital and struck gold. Within one pass-offs on the phone line I was speaking to the Chief of Radiology, an Intervention Radiologist to boot. I had so much to say about CCSVI that it began to overwhelm me. I was relaxed and relieved when his first statement was a warm, heartfelt “how can I help you”. Long story short we have a sit down planned for mid June. He has responded to my emails and thinks the hypothesis is “Intriguing”. My question to the group is how I keep the ball rolling? Has anyone had experience with this situation? My goal is to involve them, The University, in the CCSVI world and possibly get a local trial site started. I really want to be Liberated myself but I also want them to start a local trial and begin treatments for any MSer's.


Sounds exactly like our experience, word for word. My wife had the procedure done 5 weeks ago, no problems, and the IR was interested and very down to earth. He will be seeing more people, and I believe he planning to set up some kind of study. However, the same hospital's Neuro department is NOT interested in CCSVI at this point, so we are keeping a low profile.
User avatar
tzootsi
Family Elder
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Postby TurfMan » Fri May 14, 2010 11:37 am

ndwannabe wrote:Excellent!

What country are you in? And state if applicable :)


USA and I am in the Mid West. Seems like all the action is on the coasts. I will feel more comfortable in sharing more info when I see how the meeting goes with the IR. My neuro’s, Nurse practitioner’s, administrative asst. Said “don't hold your breath and come in for a visit and they would discuss it with me”. Right!!!!!!
User avatar
TurfMan
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Postby TurfMan » Fri May 14, 2010 11:45 am

MrSuccess wrote:It is my understanding that many have traveled to Italy to be trained by Dr. Zamboni . Who they are/were is so far , unknown.

In addition to the special training .... special equipment is required. I cannot remember what exactly in the moment.

When those that have recieved the proper CCSVI training return to their respective medical home base's ......they will be in position to help.

Note : Dr. Ziv... in Buffalo does not use the Zamboni protocol ..... but still reports CCSVI in high numbers in MS people.

The first question you may want to ask your IR .... is ..... Have you been trained in CCSVI intervention by Dr. Zamboni ? :?:

Dr. McDonald has . And the reported results are ...... amazing ... :!: :!:




Mr. Success
User avatar
TurfMan
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:00 pm


Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Contact us | Terms of Service