Just back from Poland with Dr Kosteki

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
alanbrowne
Family Member

Just back from Poland with Dr Kosteki

Post by alanbrowne »

Hi All,

Just thought I would share my experiences in Poland with Dr Kosteki.

Arrived on Monday 10th May, met at the airport and transferred to the Arena Hotel in Tychy.
Hotel 3 * and very nice, modern with good rooms and a nice bar area and restaurant.
Had MRI on Tuesday, 45 minutes long and had a couple of hours wait but all was fine.
Saw Dr Kosteki Tuesday evening and had Doppler, my right vein was completely blocked, no flow at all !!
Left vein also partially blocked.
Wednesday saw the Neuro, normal testing here.
Friday, big day....arrived at the hospital about 3.00pm, was last in line so procedure didn't start until about 9.00pm, also you can't eat or drink anything all day, so with being nervous and hungry I was feeling a bit jittery.
They do put you on a saline drip when you get there so you're not de-hydrated.
Procedure was ok, a little uncomfortable but not painful, a very strange popping sound when they balloon but ok.

They tried to balloon my right but this wouldn't stay open so was offerred a stent which I accepted.
They also tried ballooning my left and although it did open more they did say they would've also stented this vein, but currently only use one.
About an hour or so later I was all finished....liberated.

Bandaged up and not to move for 6 hours I was taken back to my room.
Tried to sleep but just dozed on and off through the night, early morning my groin area where they went in started bleeding again, so more bandages and another 6 hours.....

About 4.00pm was given the all clear and could go back to the hotel.

So, have I noticed any changes since....
My left foot was immediately warmer
The constant spasm I had in my left leg disappeared
The Lhermittes I have always had is gone
Our journey back to the UK took 17 hours due to cancelled flights etc, normally I would be completely exhausted....but felt fine
My brain feels different, clearer, hard to describe

Hopefully over time things will also improve with my mobility, just need to be patient now.

Everyone over in Poland was fantastic, the Dr's, the drivers, Katherine, they all couldn't do enough to help, they were brilliant.

Also met some fantastic people who I had to mention, Randall and Kate from Canada, think we will friends for ever :D
Jan and Lynda from Canada, very nice people also (although a bit of a trouble maker :lol: )
Ivan and his wife from Bulgaria, also really nice people.

Just to let everyone know the situation there, Dr Kosteki is actually doing all of this as part of a study which is why it is a lot cheaper.

All in all a memorable experience, would recommend it to anyone :D

Take care all,
Alan
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

Take rest and let the healing begin!!!
AMcG
Family Elder

Post by AMcG »

Glad to hear your news Alan. We seem to have the same jugulars too! I started to notice a lot more improvements when I was back in a familiar environment. I hope you do too.

Can I ask did you have the Brandy?
fiddler
Family Elder

Good luck!

Post by fiddler »

Congratulations and good luck, Alan. I've posted a copy of your post on my blog since some of my readers have been asking about Kostecki's clinic.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
Trine
Family Member

Re: Just back from Poland with Dr Kosteki

Post by Trine »

alanbrowne wrote:Hi All,

Just to let everyone know the situation there, Dr Kosteki is actually doing all of this as part of a study which is why it is a lot cheaper.
Hi Alan,

Thank you for this piece of info. My husband has many concerns and questions and this was one of them.

Do you know if Dr. K was trained by Dr. Simka or uses the same protocol as Dr. Simka?

Thank you for posting. Please keep us updated.

Trine
BrendaReqier
Family Member

Post by BrendaReqier »

Allen, ty so much for posting, I'm on my way to make my first payment and will be there second week in June. I was worried because there is a travel advisory due to torrential rains they've had, but not about the people or Dr. K.
Keep us updated and rest up, i've heard it's difficult to recognize 'tired' after so many years of 'fatigue' and when it's time to take it easy. I was worried about reports of pain I had heard, but i can handle popping!
caraboo
Family Member

Poland

Post by caraboo »

Hi Alan,

I am so happy for you, been thinking about you this week.
So excited for you for the improvements you are getting :D :D :D
Long may they continue :D :D :D :D :D :D
Im getting so excited now, fly on Sunday at 7am, hope that bloomin ash
cloud stays where it is.

Take care

Karen
judipom
Family Member

Post by judipom »

Excellent news. Thanks for keeping us updated. Judi
RRMS Diagnosed 1997
My house burned down, now I can see the moon.
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

Thank you so much Alan! I am flying to Poland (Dr. Kostecki as well) this Saturday.

"Jittery" does not really describe how I feel, so reading posts like yours is now even more reassuring than before.

Hoping for ongoing improvements for you!

PS. I am a little unclear about the deal with your left jugular... Are you saying their protocol only allows them to use one stent?
sofia
Family Elder

Post by sofia »

excellent results. very happy for you.
had procedure myself, doing better then i did before. all still very new. they must be onto something here.
<div>I have lived with ms for 8 years. The last year has been hell, I've gone from shite to even worse every single month, until my liberation in May. </div>
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

so glad to hear you are doing so well. may the sky be the limit with your improvements.
mila77
Family Member

Re: Just back from Poland with Dr Kosteki

Post by mila77 »

Trine wrote:
alanbrowne wrote: Do you know if Dr. K was trained by Dr. Simka or uses the same protocol as Dr. Simka?
Trine,

Dr. K was working together with Dr. Simka at the "beginning of the road" last year so you don't have to worry about his qualifications. Dr. K was present during Erika's liberation treatment. As you probably know from this forum, Erika (who is actually from Slovakia) was the second person liberated in Poland.

Mila
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

Im there June 8.

Kosteckis name appears on Simkas recent paper.
maureen196113
Getting to Know You...

ccsvi

Post by maureen196113 »

:lol: I'm so so happy for you. I was worried about getting stents.But when i hear about more people having them. I think it relax's me. Are we put on blood tinners if we have to have treatment. Or is this something that is done after treatment? take care now,,,, rest up and keep posting lol
alanbrowne
Family Member

Post by alanbrowne »

AMcG wrote:Glad to hear your news Alan. We seem to have the same jugulars too! I started to notice a lot more improvements when I was back in a familiar environment. I hope you do too.

Can I ask did you have the Brandy?
Hi Alan,

No I didn't !!!
Completely forgot in all the excitement :D

Take care,
Alan