MS AND DIABETES and CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
JCB
Family Elder

MS AND DIABETES and CCSVI

Post by JCB »

Any one out there that has been diagnosed with MS and Diabetes besides myself? Wondering if you have tried going through your endocrinologist for a referral to an IR? They are certainly worried about circulation. I am just thinking about a back door. I have used exercise as a major control for my Diabetes (besides diet), now it is just diet.

PPMS - 11/07
Diabetic type 1 - 11/82
(NOVEMBER IS NOT MY FAVORITE MONTH)
Habenoughyet
Family Member

Post by Habenoughyet »

Hi JCB,

I'm diabetic as well, dx diabetes type II, approx. a year before being dx with PPMS. It was a hell of a year. Also tried to exercise, walking, stationary bike, better diet, etc... Went to see an endocrinologist, who freaked out when she took my blood pressure, I have high bp, she immediately sent me to the emergency waiting room on a wheel chair, and I waited for 5hrs before seeing a nurse... After that, that's when I got up and left, never to return to see her again. I'm taking standard meds for diabetes (Metformin, Crestor, Mavik for the bp), don't really have any issues with keeping my diabetes under control. I don't test as often as I used to, but I don't feel any worse because of it either. Although my db has taken a back seat to my MS, which has become worse.

HEY
"Never argue with stupid people... They bring you down to they're level and beat you with experience"
JCB
Family Elder

Post by JCB »

I agree that Diabetes has definately taken a back seat to MS. I am just wondering if we can use our diabetes diagnosis to get us into an IR? Or if any one has tried it?
Habenoughyet
Family Member

Post by Habenoughyet »

I haven't, and it really didn't cross my mind. I just did it thru my GP. Brought him up to date on CCSVI, explained what I wanted to do (i.e. see an IR). And asked him for the referral and contacted two IR's, one was local and met him, but he wasn't really receptive about CCSVI, and the second one transferred me over to a neurologist who will be beginning a trial in a few months. And this morning, I received an e-mail from the euroclinic and I'm scheduled for June 21-22 with Dr. Simka... :o :)

HEY
"Never argue with stupid people... They bring you down to they're level and beat you with experience"