Montel finally responds!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
paulmur
Family Member

Montel finally responds!

Post by paulmur »

Well, we finally got a response from Montel about CCSVI.

Montel Williams So many of my fans have posted questions asking about CCSVI. I have my opinions, but I wanted consult with a few top Doctors before I posted my answer. In a couple of days I will be posting my thoughts. I also will address CCSVI further and take questions during my upcoming webinar.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Montel-Wi ... 6838460687

I know it's a celeb thing.. but hopefully good press, even if he knocks it.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Paul already fixed link.
Last edited by Lyon on Tue May 18, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulmur
Family Member

Post by paulmur »

PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

I sure hope he has something positive to say.. "be careful what you wish for..."
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Paulmur, thanks for posting this, I am curious what stance he will take!
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Not holding my breath....

http://www.pharmacychoice.com/News/arti ... _ID=579495

and this...

prescription bus

just saying. it's good that people got him to respond, but honestly, the research isn't going to be helped by celebrities. We need more doctors and researchers.
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
paulmur
Family Member

Post by paulmur »

Cheer, I totally agree.. and I also think the more press we get for better or for worse is a good thing, particularly here in the U.S. Let's get the national dialogue going!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

paulmur wrote:Cheer, I totally agree.. and I also think the more press we get for better or for worse is a good thing, particularly here in the U.S. Let's get the national dialogue going!

I'm concerned that, in this instance, bad press is worse than no press. It's how misinformation is spread. Been burned before.... I would much rather see doctors and researchers publishing papers. I could be wrong, paulmur....and I will sure admit it and be thrilled if he comes forward with a some-what informed statement. Hope you're right and I'm wrong...
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
paulmur
Family Member

Post by paulmur »

Cheer, I understand your reticence. But I'm thinking that even if his is a negative take it will be a well read forum (hopefully full of hyperlinks) to post the real deal.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

paulmur wrote:Cheer, I understand your reticence. But I'm thinking that even if his is a negative take it will be a well read forum (hopefully full of hyperlinks) to post the real deal.
Just noticed he has 6,000 less fans than the CCSVI FB page. I feel a bit better :)
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
paulmur
Family Member

Post by paulmur »

:D I'm glad to know CCSVI has a larger fan base. Hopefully his is chock full of fans unfamiliar with the cause that we can enlighten!
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hi everyone,

I think my brother was on Montel once.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Cheer,

Coincidentally, if you get a chance, I posted on your other thread about my brother.

~Pam
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Cheer, I just read your last post!

LOL
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

paulmur wrote:Cheer, I totally agree.. and I also think the more press we get for better or for worse is a good thing, particularly here in the U.S. Let's get the national dialogue going!
do i disagree with you!

if it werent for some negative press about Mike Dake's two unfortunate outcomes in the Wall Street Journal, about thirty more patients would have been liberated by me by now, I would have extended to a second hospital and had fewer hurdles regarding safety with my IRB

There is no such thing as good negative press
paulmur
Family Member

Post by paulmur »

drsclafani Unfortunately The Wall Street Journal is a one way street. I say that if Montel opens a debate we can rebut with a lot of positive press. His could be a vehicle for getting the right stuff out.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”