Bank Transfers to Poland?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Whitey
Family Member

Bank Transfers to Poland?

Post by Whitey »

Anybody else had any troubles with bank transfers to Poland?

My brother is booked to see Dr. Kostecki at the end of June and we are supposed to send money for hotels, transfers, and testing before we leave by a bank transfer. The Royal Bank of Canada told me that they could not transfer the money in Zloty's (PLN) and that it would have to be first converted into USD, sent to Poland, and converted to PLN. Not to mention the rate they told me is 0.37 when the Bank of Canada rate is 0.3239! This makes it quite a bit more expensive for me!

Has anybody else had any troubles with this? Does anyone know a more cost effective way to do it, or a way to get the bank to gave me even a decent exchange rate on the transfer?

-Dave
fiddler
Family Elder

Euro

Post by fiddler »

Whitey, ask them (Kostecki's clinic) if they'll take Euro, and if they do, what the exchange rate they use for zloty to Euro. Might be cheaper that way. I can't remember if OANDA will transfer money in Zloty, that might be another (and much cheaper) way to go than to be bilked by your bank.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
John1942

Post by John1942 »

Hi For try customhouse .com. they are a money exchange company in
Victoria which does electronic fund transfers into other currencies.
john1942
markus77
Family Elder

Post by markus77 »

i went to poland 3 weeks ago and the royal transfered the money to euromedic no problem. it cost me an extra $200 approximately.
STAY REAL MY FRIENDS

dx 1989, spms
Whitey
Family Member

Post by Whitey »

Markus - Did Euromedic take zloty or euros? Europa Nostra (the agent doing bookings for Dr. Kostecki) requested the amount in PLN. I'm sure it wouldn;t be a problem to transfer in euros though.

I had no idea about those other companies! It looks like I can really save some money by doing it through Customhouse or OANDA. Thanks for the ideas! I love you all!

- Dave
fiddler
Family Elder

Euromedic

Post by fiddler »

Euromedic takes euros or zlotys... for foreigners they expect it in euro, because it's usually cheaper and more convenient for the patient.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

I agree with Fidler,

Tell Ameds to quote you in Euros.

Val
Whitey
Family Member

Post by Whitey »

It's not AMEDS I'm dealing with, but thank you for the information. I'll ask how much it will be in Euros, and see what that will cost to transfer.
markus77
Family Elder

Post by markus77 »

money was transferred in euros. i paid 6900 euros.
STAY REAL MY FRIENDS

dx 1989, spms

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”