CCSVI in Costa Rica

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
librajen

CCSVI in Costa Rica

Post by librajen »

Anyone else going there? I am on July 19! I'm very excited, and would like to talk with someone who has been/ is going there!
Jennifer
jennykash
Getting to Know You...

Post by jennykash »

We are booked to go on June 21, for treatment on June 23... Have you firmed up any accomodations yet?
Blindfury

Hello

Post by Blindfury »

New around here, but I was wondering if you guys have been tested for CCSVI before you made your reservations? If not will they just do it when you get there? Tkx for any help and good luck to you both!
jennykash
Getting to Know You...

Post by jennykash »

We got prescanned at False Creek Medical Center in Vancouver, BC. I believe that for the next 2 months the company is only sending people who have been pretested, but after that, they will be opening it up to people who have not yet been scanned. Any other questions I'd be glad to answer.
librajen

Post by librajen »

Jenny- we're staying at Casa Conde, where Passport Medical is recommending- but I booked it on my own through expedia.ca--it looks like a very nice place!

Blindfury- this is through passportmedical.ca They expect that you will have the test and confirm you do have CCSVI before you accet the dates they give you. I hope that explains it clearly!
Onthelake
Family Member

Post by Onthelake »

Hi everyone, not sure what happened to this thread, it appears most of the talk on Costa Rica is on the Facebook thread. Lots of info there. Anyway had to tell you TIMSers I heard about the Clinica Hospital Biblica in San Hose Costa Rica's CCSVI programme, that can be accessed through Passport Medical (for Canadians). Did a lot of research, it seems like a very positive experience for those who have gone. I called last week and I have a date booked three months out. They have a 12 day programme that includes a lot of physio therapy after the procedure. I thought some of you may be interested. If you google passport medical ccsvi you'll get there. I will let you all know how I make out but again, if you google ccsvi costa rica facebook, that is where the chat info is.

If anyone has any information or experiences to share here that would be great, this seems to be a very popular location and I would have thought there would be more on it here at TIMS.

Take care.
Onthelake

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.  Stephen L.