Dr Simka's paper

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Dr Simka's paper

Postby L » Thu May 27, 2010 11:21 am

It's really lovely to read this:

http://www.minervamedica.it/en/journals ... 10N02A0109

I got this from Denise's facebook page (the fantastic lady who you may have seen in youtube videos, stepping before and after CCSVI treatment (quite a startling transformation.)
L
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Asher » Thu May 27, 2010 11:43 am

"The most common pathology in our patients was the presence of an inverted valve or another pathologic structure (like membranaceous or netlike septum)"

If I interpret this correctly, this means that MRV/CT are in many cases useless in the detection of CCSVI.
Asher
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Thu May 27, 2010 11:50 am

Asher, yes, the doppler is the tool for finding bad-valve-related blood flow!
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Cece
Family Elder

Postby pegmegrund » Thu May 27, 2010 12:29 pm

Asher wrote:"The most common pathology in our patients was the presence of an inverted valve or another pathologic structure (like membranaceous or netlike septum)"

If I interpret this correctly, this means that MRV/CT are in many cases useless in the detection of CCSVI.

Very interesting... My recent MRV from BNAC was normal, but Doppler from same shows an abnormal valve on one side... I was wondering the other day if I had been called from the US lists that I was on, and gone somewhere that just did MRV, I likely would have been turned away as not having any issues to correct...
pegmegrund
Family Elder

Postby ozarkcanoer » Thu May 27, 2010 1:38 pm

My BNAC ultrasound showed the presence of a "flap" near/at a valve in my left IJV. This of course didn't show up on my BNAC MRV. But both the MRV and the ultrasound showed the stenosis in my right IJV. In this case there were 2 confirming tests making the data much more reliable !!

ozarkcanoer
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)