Canadians-False Creek

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Canadians-False Creek

Post by thornyrose76 »

What are the cost involved if your Canadian and get checked for CCSVI at False Creek? What accommodations are arranged if you are from out of town, and what are the fees involved? :D
Johnson
Family Elder

Re: Canadians-False Creek

Post by Johnson »

thornyrose76 wrote:What are the cost involved if your Canadian and get checked for CCSVI at False Creek? What accommodations are arranged if you are from out of town, and what are the fees involved? :D
Doppler and MRV costs $2350. I have no idea of accommodation arrangements. I was scanned at FC, and have no criticism of them in any way, but save your money for a business class upgrade on a trip to Poland, Bulgaria, Egypt. There is little to gain from confirming what you are already pretty certain of, in my humble opinion. There is no treatment available in Canada, and your scans will be next to useless in pursuing intervention.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

i agree! we all know its pretty certain we have CCSVI if we have MS, so save your money and get to Poland...
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

When I was at false creek getting imaged I was told that the doppler was getting much better results and cost less than $500.

Zamboni aslo recently spoke out against mrv.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

on the mark as usual 'J'.. enough of us have dipped toes in the water.. it's time to jump in!
.. unless the results are helping to build and expidite our case here in Canada.. if so, then bring it on..
costumenastional
Family Elder

Re: Canadians-False Creek

Post by costumenastional »

Johnson wrote:
thornyrose76 wrote:What are the cost involved if your Canadian and get checked for CCSVI at False Creek? What accommodations are arranged if you are from out of town, and what are the fees involved? :D
Doppler and MRV costs $2350. I have no idea of accommodation arrangements. I was scanned at FC, and have no criticism of them in any way, but save your money for a business class upgrade on a trip to Poland, Bulgaria, Egypt. There is little to gain from confirming what you are already pretty certain of, in my humble opinion. There is no treatment available in Canada, and your scans will be next to useless in pursuing intervention.
i strongly agree

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”