CCSVI versus Past 'cures'

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Hockeydad
Family Member

Post by Hockeydad »

Maybe I'm too simple :lol: My brain keeps telling me if something is blocked, it should be un-blocked, my sink, my toilet, my neck!!
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Hockeydad, that makes plenty of sense to me.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Stacemeh
Family Member

Post by Stacemeh »

cah wrote:
Stacemeh wrote: On a brief glance at the main first page of the forums there are more that 40,000 posts re: CCSVI while the most other topics do not exceed 4,000. Things like bee stings and hyperbaric chambers don't even seem to rate their own heading.
One can't really compare that. By the time the bee sting therapy came up, facebook didn't even exist. Times really have changed, and if people are aware of the powers provided by the internet and use them as wisely as they can, well... really could make this planet a little bit better, I think!
I agree, but if we look at somthing more recent such as stem cells (no I am not saying they are of no benefit, I just think a lot more work is needed to figure out how to control them), the reaction does not seem as strong.

So yes I do think social networking is playing a role here, but I also believe that patient education is also on the rise in a large part thanks to the internet, which has to be a good thing. :D

In the end, I think if it did not 'feel' right to so many patients, there would not be the kind of reaction we are seeing here.

But I am very aware that I am only speculating, time will tell.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

BINGO HOCKEY DAD!!!
jackiejay
Family Elder

Post by jackiejay »

I think another reason that CCSVI is so compelling is the number of esteemed doctors who are also on board, so to speak.....such as Dr. Sandy McDonald, Dr. Mark Haacke, Dr. Sclafini, Dr. Dake....etc.etc.....look at their credentials....they are being relentless about CCSVI and seem passionate about its potential as a treatment...I don't think these guys would be wasting time on something that they didn't believe had some credence.....and Dr. Schelling who started it all so many years ago.
BooBear
Family Elder

Post by BooBear »

Hockeydad wrote:Maybe I'm too simple :lol: My brain keeps telling me if something is blocked, it should be un-blocked, my sink, my toilet, my neck!!
AMEN!!!!
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.