hear ye! hear ME! Oh Canada...

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Brightspot
Family Elder

Post by Brightspot »

A message from Adrian Dix, (the NDP Health Critic for BC), received today...

Adrian asked me to let you know that he’ll be on the Christy Clark show today, on CKNW, at 12.30pm reacting to the Saskatchewan government’s decision to find trials of the CCSVI treatment. Feel free to pass the info along.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

thanks Brightspot.. was that today @ 12:30.. we missed it :( or tomorrow @ 12:30 .. we can tune in :)
if it was today..how did it go?
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

I *bump* this old post of mine in recognition of today's generous :) offerings..
Sotiris wrote:Letter from Fondazione Hilarescere to Alberta Health Services Board Chair:
http://www.fondazionehilarescere.org/pd ... rvices.pdf
and..
cheerleader wrote:I am so pleased and emotionally uplifted to report that Barb is going home-as reported by her husband Patrick today on Facebook---
Barb is coming home November 4th! She had a quick visit on Thursday and loves the paint-job in the master bedroom and dining room. Brownie points for Patrick!
This is a woman who was bed-bound, on life support with a feeding tube. Who could not speak or move. She is now swallowing on her own, writing again, speaking, smiling, eating, laughing, moving limbs and able to go home to her husband and son. Because some people cared enough to help another human being--a woman told she was beyond help. People paid to airlift her to a clinic in Albany, where she was found to have severely stenosed veins throughout her body--from her lumbar to azygos to jugulars. These veins were repaired, to the best of her doctor's growing abilities...and Barb is alive and healing today.

I would hope that this thread can remain a place to report Barb's status updates, as they come in from Patrick and her son. thank you--
cheer
and!..
Rose2 wrote:Hi All!
Want to check in and report.
I had my One Year MRI/MRV and appointment with Dr. Dake at Stanford. Rokkit, I missed you on the same day? :(
My high jugular stent and my Azygos stent are just fine. Flow is fine.
Valve that was Angio'd is fine.
AND NO NEW LESIONS.!!! but i already knew that because in this last year i have not had one hint of MS. So, if inflammation causes these sympotoms, then I knew I had no inflammation. NO SYMPTOMS.
And there is one old large lesion that was more difficult to see than the prior MRI. Like disappearing hard to see! yep.
Dr. Dakes's NP,Stacy, said my score of 84 on the EDSS scale was 100% improvement and amazing. I scored 0.0 on everything now and totaled 6.5 preLiberation.
Shoulder is all better. I take one baby aspirin per day, also.
I really don't miss the Avonex, Baclofen, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
I used to have MS.
I pray for everyone who wants to be scanned and treated to have the same blessing.
I call myself The Lucky Duck.
Sincerely, Rose 2 :)
All would serve as impressive letter and/or e-mail 'add ons' .. ;)
original post below ...
PCakes wrote:..today, tomorrow and each day thereafter .. pick up the phone, click send, mail a letter..!!

"I am a Canadian. My name is _______ and as a Canadian I have a right to and demand, diagnosis and treatment for any and all health issues regardless of pre-existing conditions. Chronic Cerebro-Spinal Venous Insufficiency is a treatable health issue. Denying persons with Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis and treatment is prejudicial and unethical."

Minister of Health Canada e-mail contact info:
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/contact/ahc-asc/minist-eng.php

Minister of Health Canada postal mailing address:
The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, P.C., M.P.
Health Canada
Brooke Claxton Building, Tunney's Pasture
Postal Locator: 0906C
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9

Dr. Kirsty Duncan Liberal MP
e-mail address:
Duncan.K@parl.gc.ca
postal address:
Dr. Kirsty Duncan Liberal M.P.
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6
Phone: (416) 747-6003
Fax: (416) 747-8295

Minister of Health Services British Columbia Kevin Falcon
e-mail address:
kevin.falcon.mla@leg.bc.ca
postal address:
MINISTRY OF HEALTH SERVICES
1515 BLANSHARD STREET
VICTORIA BC V8W 3C8
Telephone:
Toll-free in B.C.: 1 800 465-4911
In Victoria: 250 952-1742

Other Provincial/ Territorial Ministries of Health:
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/delivery ... ex-eng.php

Filing a complaint/ concern to the 'College of Physicians & Surgeons British Columbia'
https://www.cpsbc.ca/public-info/compla ... d-concerns
garyak
Family Elder

Post by garyak »

We just formed a ccsvi advocacy group in our town and hope to link up with the other ccsvi groups in Alberta. I will give this email to all our new members to consider sending to all the politicians, thanks PCakes.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

bomp
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”