Heat intolerance and angioplasty

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Postby StentorKate » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:36 am

I had the procedure about a month ago and was hoping that heat tolerance would be one of the bonus side effects, but it seems that is not so for me.
It was +20 here yeaterday and I was doing a little work in the garden. Within a few minutes I was totally drained and needed to sit inside for about a half hours before I had my energy back. Darn!
StentorKate
Getting to Know You...

Advertisement

it

Postby wobbly » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:45 am

was my biggest improvement/ but it has been 19 months and i think i have re stenosed it is bothering me very much/ STAY STRONG ALL :( :(
wobbly
Family Member

Postby mshusband » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:45 am

I can't speak for all of you ... but I'd guess if you're still having MS symptoms ... your doctor missed "something" in the procedure.

My GUESS is probably the azygous.

It seems everyone is having something found in the jugulars and very few in the azygous.

Why then did Dr. Zamboni find 86% of people had azygous problems and 91% of people had jugular problems.

Dr. Sclafani started to find MANY more azygous problems after a little learning and training and experience.

I would (and have) suggest that doctors need to look VERY carefully at the azygous ...

There is a lot to be learned, but that's one place it's going to make a HUGE difference.
mshusband
Family Elder

Postby ErikaSlovakia » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:43 am

StentorKate wrote:I had the procedure about a month ago and was hoping that heat tolerance would be one of the bonus side effects, but it seems that is not so for me.
It was +20 here yeaterday and I was doing a little work in the garden. Within a few minutes I was totally drained and needed to sit inside for about a half hours before I had my energy back. Darn!

Hi!
I had the procedure 7 months ago. I still have the same problem with heat as you describe it. However it is better while having a bath. After doing some activity more than 5 minutes I see my vision gets worse because my body is warmer. The best place is sitting in my cold room.
But I have another improvements, so maybe later...
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Postby magoo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Heat intolerance was resolved soon after treatment. The day after, I fell asleep in a car with the sun on me and I had no effects. Just a few weeks ago I spent 3 days in 90 degree weather at the beach and never felt like I was wearing a lead blanket. I had as much energy as everyone else!!!!
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
magoo
Family Elder

Postby garyak » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Of all my many debilitating symptoms heat intolerance ranks as one of my worst enemies. I look forward to seeing if my treatment will help me there.
garyak
Family Elder

Postby ssmme » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:47 pm

When my heat intolerance kicks in my left leg turns into a wet noodle. It won't work at all. Is this the type of heat intolerance that's being helped or is it just the brain fog like heat intolerance?
Marcia
ssmme
Family Elder

Postby Vhoenecke » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:48 pm

ssmme,

That is the kind of heat intolerance the procedure helps the crippling kind. I have been out for many warm days doing hiking etc and no problems.

Val
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Postby questor » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:57 am

After receiving one stent each in the left and right upper jugulars last September, I felt an improvement in heat sensitivity. I now think this improvement was due to two things:

(1) The pain meds I was on for several weeks after the procedure helped to mask the sensation, and
(2) Lower Fall and Winter temperatures for several months after the procedure meant there was much less heat to be sensitive to.

We're now into Summer, and I'm experiencing heat sensitivity again. I can't say if it is less of a problem now than before the stents.

(I experience heat sensitivity as a worsening of optic neuritis, vertigo, nausea, walking instability, body fatigue, and brain-fog).

--Tracy
CCSVI Procedure 9/16/2009 at Stanford
Stent in left and right IJVs
SPMS
Copaxone and Ampyra user
Botox Bladder Injections
questor
Family Elder

Postby LR1234 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:09 am

Hey Tracy, Good to see you back, sorry to hear that you are still have issues despite your CCSVI procedure. Do you feel you have progressed since the procedure? Would you have noticed progression before the procedure and has it slowed down at all?

I wish you the best

L
LR1234
Family Elder

Postby hopeful2 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:42 pm

In a few weeks I'll be having angioplasty and have very bad heat sensitivity (thanks for starting the thread Smokey).

Without any disrespect to the topic (and thanks to folks who wrote about their experience), I'm trying to contact Tracy. As I was chatting with a friend about my upcoming procedure, I learned that she knows you!

Tracy, I have a question and will send you a private message---and I won't hijack this thread any longer :)

Patrice
hopeful2
Family Member

Postby coach » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Not sure how to answer heat tolerance issues. I stilll think I have some because I seem to struggle when I get overheated when I try to exercise which is infrequently and when I have temperature issues that are part of the menopause process. Not feeling as well as I did immediately post procedure but definitely better than pre-procedure. MS or menopause?? Recently have struggled with fatigue and some headaches which had greatly improved. There again I am wondering about the hormone connection.
coach
Family Elder

Previous

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)