To all you ccsvi experts, please offer your opinion

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
sofia
Family Elder

To all you ccsvi experts, please offer your opinion

Post by sofia »

has anybody that you know

had liberation- started improving- felt worse/relapse- recovered again without second procedure

does anybody know if the success rate for the liberation procedure second time round depends on how long it was successful first time round

liberation 3 weeks ago, steady improvment, last couple of days feeling worse. suddenly I can hardly see on left eye, worse on problems then I ever had, and vertigo is getting as bad as it had ever been before on a bad day.

any views on this would be most welcome

sophie
<div>I have lived with ms for 8 years. The last year has been hell, I've gone from shite to even worse every single month, until my liberation in May. </div>
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

I only know that which I've read in this forum. But for what it's worth, it sure sounds like re-stenosis to me.
garyak
Family Elder

Post by garyak »

read this post sofia, it will answer some of your questions
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-8346.html
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

here is someone who had improvements, then felt worse than even before the procedure, then this week is back to feeling good again:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-11996.html
But that's the only report that I can remember that's like that.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
colapesce
Family Elder

Post by colapesce »

hi sofia,

Are you resting enough/eating well/taking good care of yourself? I spent most of last weekend asleep - just couldn't stop. It was at least as bad as before procedure! But I'd had a really busy week and had not been eating well. Just really needed to rest and now it's better. Also I have the occasional day when my eyesight and brain fog is as bad as before procedure but again it improves in a day or so. Hopefully this is all that it is with you too. It's only been a few weeks since you travelled all that way (by bus?) and had the procedure (which is no small task for the body). This could even make a healthy person feel less well than they usually do.
I really hope you feel better soon.
sofia
Family Elder

Post by sofia »

I know colapesce, and thanks for your support guys:-)
Hopefully I wil be able to rest it off. I am putting my hopes on that. It was a very busy weekend, and monday we had friends over for dinner. I will rest this week and see how it all goes. Rest is defenetly an issue, as I do feel worse at night, and quite a bit better in the mornings. The optic nerve issues are the most dominant, they might be new as I got pains with it as well as it beeing quite blurred. But it is the same eye, and I think it is in same spot as before.
Off ot bed I go :-)
<div>I have lived with ms for 8 years. The last year has been hell, I've gone from shite to even worse every single month, until my liberation in May. </div>