Question on my CCSVI Doppler

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Question on my CCSVI Doppler

Postby japentz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:48 am

First, I hope i am not out of line in posting this to this forum. I did a search but could not find a result for this.

I just had the doppler ultrasound. I am a patient of Dr. Byung-boong Lee who is on the Whose who in CCSVI List. I am to see his practice colleague Dr. Laredo next Friday

Here is a representation of the doppler screen (which i was allowed to see) for my left jungular. This is a very close but not exact simulation. the technician said RED means the artery where blood goes up to the brain, blue is the jungular and shows flow from the brain. She did not assess to me what she was seeing as ONLY the doctor can provide results.

http://www.reallynews.com/ms/video/doppleranim.wmv

There was another screen with a horizontal white line showing a sine wave like line running over it. the larger and more abundant wave peaks were quite a bit under the horizontal line. there were much smaller wave peaks above the line.

I have heard this was indicative of CCSVI and reflux in videos someplace but I can't remember where.

Does anyone know if this is true? Or has anyone had this explained to them on their dopplers?

I will get official results on Friday June 11th when I go see the interventional radiologist doctor in Dr. Lee's practice. Still i am curious. :)

Does anyone know about this from their own experience?
japentz
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby Cece » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:26 am

Can't say I know how to interpret anything of these results but at least you don't have too much of a wait until the doctor can! I watched the red and blue lines and saw where the red was in the blue, up high, that could be possible reflux?
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Cece
Family Elder

Postby japentz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:07 am

:) Like so many MS patients, I am SO ready to have this addressed. I'm lucky that my appointment with this great doctor is only 7 days away.

The tech was wonderful and very skilled. After she showed me that screen she told me I needed to make the appointment with Dr. Laredo "as soon as possible" and firmly stated it to me several times.

Yes, i think she was showing me the reflux but could not "state" what I observed about my veins. Charla was wonderful, and very very skilled. I felt extremely confident in her expertise. Plus to be the one providing results to Dr. Lee, she would be the best. She is a beautiful person :)
japentz
Family Member

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)