Bad venous genes?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Bruce11940
Getting to Know You...

Bad venous genes?

Post by Bruce11940 »

From my dads side I get the ms loving anglo genes (scots, welsh) and from my moms side I was blessed with terrible vascular problems. No cancer but all 9 of my aunts and uncles have followed a distinct pattern; stents by the age of 50 then strokes by the age of 60. I am not quite sure who to blame my mom or dad.

Speaking of bad veins..?!

My sister was born with, or developed quite early on, cerebral palsy. It sorta dawned on me today to read up whether there is a vascular connection. I was amazed to find that evidence suggested there may be a link. In fact..google cerebral palsy and vascular abnormalities and you get 50,000 hits. Coincidence? Maybe, but a picture seems to be forming from out of the mist.

Anyone else have cp in the family?
TMrox
Family Elder

Post by TMrox »

I’ve jokily told my parents that I want to sue their genes because of my CCSVI. I’m just gathering evidence to see who I should bring to court…

A neurologist from the Mayo Clinic, Dr Brian Weinshenker, has found that fathers with MS tend to have more children who develop MS than do mothers with the disease. In a large MS population it was found that children with MS got the disease twice as often from the father than the mother.

I’m not a doctor, but this finding might suggest that the faulty vascular gene responsible for CCSVI might be passed by the father.

If this is to be right, then my dad should be hiring a lawyer soon…

For more info on the Weinshenker research:
http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/67/2/305
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

TMrox wrote:I’ve jokily told my parents that I want to sue their genes because of my CCSVI. I’m just gathering evidence to see who I should bring to court…

A neurologist from the Mayo Clinic, Dr Brian Weinshenker, has found that fathers with MS tend to have more children who develop MS than do mothers with the disease. In a large MS population it was found that children with MS got the disease twice as often from the father than the mother.

I’m not a doctor, but this finding might suggest that the faulty vascular gene responsible for CCSVI might be passed by the father.

If this is to be right, then my dad should be hiring a lawyer soon…

For more info on the Weinshenker research:
http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/67/2/305
Thats statistics for you ...

The study is probability for children to develop if one of their parents had MS. If none of the parents had MS but child does have, its going to be a tough to trace the genesis of the faulty gene :)

To the genetic experts here - given that we always get a pair of gene for all functions, is it possible to trace a gene (active, faulty, inactive) to either of the parents?
blossom
Family Elder

bad venous genes

Post by blossom »

i am of irish,scottish and english decent. about 2 yrs. ago my neuro. ordered blood work. i was told i have MTHFR- GOOGLE MTHFR GENE MUTATIONS to get the details. basically my inheritance of this gene from both my parents is the cause. it makes me susceptible to heart attack, stroke and blood clots. told to take asparin and folic acid.---has anyone ever read about HUGHES SYNDROME--GOOGLE HUGHES SYNDROME (STICKY BLOOD)people that have this have been misdiagnosed with ms. when i first read of hughes syndrome i tried to get tested for it but could not at that time find a dr. to do it. got about the same reaction as ccsvi. then when i was told about this MTHFR i asked that neuro. if it could be related to HUGHES SYNDROME and if he could test me for HUGHES SYNDROME. well, he never heard of HUGHES SYNDROME and wasn't about to learn. then comes along CCSVI-effects the blood flow-HUGHES SYNDROME-effects the blood flow because it is thick and sticky-MTHFR-effects the blood flow because it is too thick. i can't help but wonder if these disorders could be part of the ccsvi - ms puzzle puzzle. thick blood would not flow as well let alone having veins that are messed up too. it would be interesting to see how many have the combination of these blood flow problems. i wonder if someone like myself that has thick blood and has a trauma that for some reason screws up the vein-whether it squeezes them with the muscles like ctos (artery) or they are narrow by stenosis whatever causes that. they think slow blood flow leaves these iron deposits. what about thick sticky blood yet? water flows better than mud. i'd really like to know if any others have this especially those with ppms. maybe that's why we're different???????????????got a lot of questions.