Any place in South FL for CCSVI test?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
FastBenz
Family Member

Any place in South FL for CCSVI test?

Post by FastBenz »

Florida heat is kicking my butt. Was just looking to be tested at least. Then decide from there. My Neuro is great but really shot mentioning down and offered more meds. No thanks...
WeWillBeatMS
Family Elder

Post by WeWillBeatMS »

I am looking for the same thing. My neurologist has agreed to write the prescription to go up to Georgetown University Hospital to get ultrasound tested with technicians and doctors who are supposedly trained in Zamboni's methodology. In the meantime I am waiting for a return phone call from Community Care in NY where they are actually doing the venogram and angioplasty from what I understand. I have been having a real rough past few months so I am actually going back on Tysabri even though I'm not too thrilled about it.
<div>WeWillBeatMS<br /><br /><br />Zamboni for President!</div>
FastBenz
Family Member

Post by FastBenz »

somone PM'd me about CCSVI & treatment in West Palm Beach. But never heard back again from him.
rssugg
Family Elder

Post by rssugg »

^pm sent
FastBenz
Family Member

Post by FastBenz »

I have an appointment for July 26th next week in West Palm. They are only doing testing at the moment but hoping to start procedures again shortly.
The test is $431 and consult is $125-300. Soo glad this is local. I was headed to Toronto in a couple weeks on business and was going to try and attempt up there. :D
naychergirl
Family Member

Post by naychergirl »

I am with you Fast Benz! I PM'd you. I am scheduled to go to Poland in November, but I'd rather get tested closer to home. It's awefully expensive to fly to Poland.
naychergirl
Family Member

Post by naychergirl »

FastBenz wrote:I have an appointment for July 26th next week in West Palm. They are only doing testing at the moment but hoping to start procedures again shortly.
The test is $431 and consult is $125-300. Soo glad this is local. I was headed to Toronto in a couple weeks on business and was going to try and attempt up there. :D
FastBenz- I too have an appointment on the 26th. At 2:30pm. And he's on my insurance, so I pay zip for the doppler! Yay! Let us know how your's goes, and I'll do the same.

naychergirl
WeWillBeatMS
Family Elder

Post by WeWillBeatMS »

I have waited for probably almost three months for a follow up call from the Community Care doctos in NY so I am seeking more local doctors again. I actually have an appointment with the WPB doctor on 7/22. First will be the ultrasound and then a consultation with the doctor. As far as I know they take my insurance as the nice lady that scheduled me over the phone asked me which kind I have and I told her and she said be sure to bring my card with me when I come in. I have also been in contact by email with an I.R. in Tampa who is working on getting a study approved real soon (like August) so if anyone is interested in that just PM me and I'll get you his name and contact info. Wow, you really have to be proactive with this CCSVI thing right?
<div>WeWillBeatMS<br /><br /><br />Zamboni for President!</div>
FastBenz
Family Member

Post by FastBenz »

Was tested yesterday in WPB. Found blockage in my right jugular. I am on the list for procedure and only 30 min from my house!
FastBenz
Family Member

Post by FastBenz »

Only had to pay my $50 copay as well. Now if I can get an MRV on my insurance.
naychergirl
Family Member

Post by naychergirl »

Hi FastBenz,
I was there (WPB) yesterday as well. I had no copay. Yay!

Found a blockage in my left juggular, and they suspect blockage in my azygos (or whatever they are called) veins, and some other vein I've never heard of. He suggestd to get an MRV, but only if my insurance covers it. Dr. said I would have to wait about a month or so to have the proceedure. I am soooooo excited!
FastBenz
Family Member

Post by FastBenz »

Same here.. I was there from about 1 till 3 pm yesterday. waiting for my call on my MRV
naychergirl
Family Member

Post by naychergirl »

My appointment was for 2:30pm. I didn't get out of there till after 6pm. They are supposed to call me with my MRV date. Good thing was my hubby took me out for BBQ for dinner!
FastBenz
Family Member

Post by FastBenz »

too funny. I went to PA grill for some BBQ as well after that.. :lol:
naychergirl
Family Member

Post by naychergirl »

Hilareous! That's where we went for dinner! I love PA BBQ!