Letter writing campaign for Barb Farrell - VICTORY

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Cece wrote:Thanks Trish...so yes there are treatment options for May-Thurner syndrome, including our familiar ballooning and stenting...forgive me for this snarkiness but I must assume that Canada allows veins in *that* area of the body to be ballooned and stented! Just not the neck!
Here's what Cheer posted on Facebook....

"Update on Barb Farrell--thanks to Marie. From Patrick-- "Barb is out of the OR and OK. Her voice is quite clear and she is good. Very bad stenosis of the left jugular, used 2 stents, angioplasty on the right, too. Barb also has May-Thurner syndrome (in the legs) -angioplasty and stented. Whoo Hoo!!!"

Sounds like Barb has been treated for the May-Thurner Syndrome at the same time.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Last edited by L on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

from facebook: "She can wiggle her feet! It has been years since she could. She can move her right arm!"

I am crying...whoever stepped up as the anonymous benefactor, what a miracle...!

edited to add: So if Dr. Sclafani hadn't come back from Italy with the information about entering with left femoral artery instead of the right, her MT would NOT have been found? It is amazing to see such an insight immediately benefit her.
Last edited by Cece on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Come on Barb!!! I really hope you improve and get a better quality of life x
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

This is great news-- hope the improvements continue for Barb!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

The fact that May-Thurner has been diagnosed and stented in Barb Farrell is huge. I just posted on the "Veins from Dr. Simka" thread....he was the one that made the correlation last year...entering from the left will become the new protocol. Today was a breakthru-
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

If Dr. Simka made the correlation last year, why is the Kostecki/Simka team still entering the femoral artery on the right???

Ok I checked out the post, he did talk about MT syndrome to say that it was the only venous condition similar to CCSVI. Nothing about it being correlated with CCSVI. That is the next big realization. (Or at least I thought so too. Now it's said that Dr. Zamboni is only finding it in less than 3% of MSers, which is the same rate of MT in the general population.)
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Update: "When was the last time you sent your "Best Wishes" to Barb Farrell? I have it on very good authority... okay, Barb's husband Patrick, that recieving Mail is a real Charge for her! Here's the eddress for Barb at the hospital...WalshD@rvh.on.ca or go to the website and click email message link !"

http://www.rvh.on.ca/Home.aspx?PageID=2 ... enuItem001

posted by Dawn Skinner on the CCSVI Facebook site

update on her health as of Sunday: "still recovering from a very busy week and healing. She loves getting the emails"