THE ARRANGEMENTS ARE IN PLACE FOR BARB FARRELL TO GET TREATMENT IN THE U.S. ON WEDNESDAY JUNE 23RD. DEEPEST APPRECIATION TO THE ANONYMOUS DONOR WHO MADE THIS HAPPEN. IT IS NOT A SIMPLE UNDERTAKING, IT INVOLVES BEING FLOWN IN A SPECIALLY EQUIPPED AIRLIFT ACCOMPANIED BY A PARAMEDIC BUT IT IS THE SOLUTION SHE NEEDED!! PLEASE CONTINUE TO HOLD THIS FAMILY AND ALL OF OUR CANADIAN MSERS IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!
I am organizing a letter-writing campaign on behalf of Barb Farrell. Please read the article above, it is heart-wrenching.
Here are some things to mention in the letters:
* Barb Farrell is a 46-year-old mother with MS.
* She was two days away from an appointment for CCSVI treatment when Dr. MacDonald was shut down.
* She has since deteriorated. She can no longer use her wheelchair, has been in the hospital for a month, and is using a feeding tube.
* It is her fervent wish to be treated for CCSVI.
* This would be done by percutaneous venoplasty, a minimally invasive surgical procedure which is commonly done on an outpatient basis.
Here is what to ask for in the letters:
* For a compassionate exemption to be granted immediately so that Barb Farrell may receive the CCSVI treatment from Dr. Sandy MacDonald of Barrie Vascular Imaging or any other local doctor willing and able to treat her.
Here are the places to send these letters:
* Minister of Health Canada postal mailing address:
The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, P.C., M.P.
Brooke Claxton Building, Tunney's Pasture
Postal Locator: 0906C
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9
* Dr. Kirsty Duncan Liberal MP - Critic Public Health Canada
Dr. Kirsty Duncan Liberal M.P.
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6
* Minister of Health Services British Columbia Kevin Falcon
MINISTRY OF HEALTH SERVICES
1515 BLANSHARD STREET
VICTORIA BC V8W 3C8
* If mailing from the USA, you will need to use 2 US postage stamps to cover the 75 cent rate to Canada.
Here is why I am asking you to write a letter:
* It really can make a difference. I ran the campus chapter of Amnesty International when I was in college, we sent a lot of letters. When a government receives letters from all over the world about a specific political prisoner, it sometimes worked. It drew attention, they were let go.
* It is heart-wrenching to imagine being in Ms. Farrell's situation. To be that close to treatment, then denied, then sliding downhill. I want the people in charge to know about her condition. And to know that we know. She is not alone in that hospital room; every one of us who is fighting for CCSVI treatment is there with her.
Please post here if you will be joining this letter-writing campaign. This is open to people from any country. I also ask that you forward this by email to anyone who might be interested in learning of Ms. Farrell's situation or who might also be moved to write a letter on her behalf.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition