On the heels of Barb Farrell's successful quest for CCSVI treatment, I am initiating a new letter-writing campaign on behalf of John Robinson of Ontario, Canada.
Here are some facts about John:
* He is in real danger of dying from MS.
* He is confined to his bed and on a feeding tube as a result of MS. After fifteen months in the hospital, he is now stable enough to be home with his family, but continues to need round-the-clock care.
* He is a much-loved husband and father to two children.
* He was a supervisor in a prominent dairy, but because of MS, he has not worked in fourteen years.
* It is his fervent wish to have the CCSVI treatment.
* This would be done by percutaneous venoplasty, a minimally invasive surgical procedure which is commonly done on an outpatient basis under limited anesthesia.
Here is what to ask for in the letters:
*For a compassionate exemption to be granted immediately so that John Robinson may receive the CCSVI treatment from Dr. Sandy MacDonald of Barrie Vascular Imaging or any other local doctor willing and able to treat him.
Here is where to send the letters:
*Deb Mathews, Health Minister of Ontario
242 Piccadilly Street
London, ON N6A 1S4
Tel: (519) 432-7339
Fax: (519) 432-0613
*Dalton McGuinty, the Premier of Ontario
Toronto ON M7A 1A1
* Julia Munro, MPP
Queen's Park Office:
Room 204 North Wing
Toronto, ON M7A 1A8
* Peter Van Loan, MP
Federal Government Office Constituency Office
York - Simcoe
House of Commons
K1A 0A6 45
Telephone: (905) 898-1600
* Minister of Health Canada postal mailing address:
The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, P.C., M.P.
Brooke Claxton Building, Tunney's Pasture
Postal Locator: 0906C
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9
* If mailing from the USA, you will need to use 2 US postage stamps to cover the 75 cent rate to Canada.
* These are the federal politicians who took part in the Take Note Debate on the 14th of June who were pro-immediate CCSVI treatment & testing in Canada or who had a loved one with MS, many many of them from Ontario, just copy & paste the email addy row to your "to" line in your email:
Here is why I am asking you to write a letter:
* Mr. Robinson is very ill from MS. He has little to lose from this procedure. He is not hoping to walk or run. He is hoping for the progression of his MS to cease. He is hoping for the strength to use his wheelchair. He even dares to hope to someday come off of that feeding tube and eat real food once again.
* We need to keep the heat up on this issue and on the politicians who are making life-and-death choices for people whose names they do not even know.
Please post here if you will be joining this letter-writing campaign. This is open to people from any country. I also ask that you forward this by email to anyone who might also be moved to write a letter on his behalf or repost it anywhere it might bring further attention to John Robinson's cause.