Post if CCSVI treatment did NOT work for you

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Re: Post if CCSVI treatment did NOT work for you

Postby gibbledygook » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:09 am

Alas, after my injection of beta interferon the improvements in spasticity vanished and I'm back to being much worse than I was before both angioplasties...I guess the whole venous pathology is a lot more complex than at first it seems.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Postby gibbledygook » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:43 am

So I have started a course of oral steroids, 500mg of methlyprednisolone for 5 days to damp down the inflammation of a likely thoracic spinal lesion. The neurologist was quite vocal about the positioning of the inflamed lesion. She was an Ozzie so perhaps greater emphasis is placed there on the source of neurological damage. At any rate it is interesting that a thoracic lesion is so close to the azygous areas which Professor Sclafani ballooned and with the left renal stent altered haemodynamically.

Typically my right leg is stiffer than ever. I return to avonex on Sunday...
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Postby centenarian100 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:23 pm

gibbledygook wrote:Alas, after my injection of beta interferon the improvements in spasticity vanished and I'm back to being much worse than I was before both angioplasties...I guess the whole venous pathology is a lot more complex than at first it seems.

beta interferons can worsen spasticity sometimes

-C
centenarian100
Family Elder

Postby aliki » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:42 am

After having done 2 angioplasties that failed I started to search what is wrong with me . In Italy some doctors have started to talk about the balloon failure . There are other things that can be treated and have a good result . I am talking about the omoioid muscle and other muscles of the neck . Dr Arata is in touch with the italian doctors and in 2 March he was at Catania http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI-aKhVy2qI . I think that the collaboration will have good results .
aliki
Getting to Know You...

Previous

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)