Does location of stenosis corrolate to location of plaques?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
fogdweller
Family Elder

Does location of stenosis corrolate to location of plaques?

Post by fogdweller »

Has anyone reviewed the imaging films to see if the location of the reflux/stenosis corrolates with the location of plaques in pwMS?

This would seem to be something that could be very informative in validating this theory , and could be done with venograms and MRI's we already have.
IHateMS
Family Elder

Post by IHateMS »

yes it does.. some1 can give u research.... cant typ e well anymore
TFau
Family Elder

Post by TFau »

I've wondered about this too.

My husband's symptoms are mainly on his left side - his right hand and leg work perfectly. His stenosis was found on his right (by Doppler ultrasound in Barrie). Does this make sense? I thought that one side of the brain controlled the opposite side of the body, but have never really been clear on that.

My husband is getting the results from his latest MRI soon (unrelated to CCSVI). It will be interesting to see what they say.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I don't think the imaging is precise enough or finding all stenoses. Maybe the research should be done on correlating the location of where IRS found and treated stenoses with the location of MS lesions.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

Cece wrote:I don't think the imaging is precise enough or finding all stenoses. Maybe the research should be done on correlating the location of where IRS found and treated stenoses with the location of MS lesions.
If a strong correlation was found, it might be helpful in finding the stenosis. If you kno where the plaques are found, you might know where stenoses are likely to be found, and if the MRI imaging was more precise than the venography, then the MRI would be another tool for locating venous obstructions.

First we would need to look at known stenoses and known plaques and see if there is any correlation.