Costs at Community Care in Albany?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
LisaDee

Costs at Community Care in Albany?

Post by LisaDee »

Hi,

I've done some looking around the site, but can't seem to find anything about the costs for NY (although I'm sure I had seen it here before!)

Could anyone who has been there or has received definitive info from the clinic please let me know what they are charging?

We are on the list to get a call, but it's going to be a few weeks yet. They sure sound swamped.

Thanks for any info!

L
jr5646
Family Elder

Re: Costs at Community Care in Albany?

Post by jr5646 »

LisaDee wrote:Hi,

I've done some looking around the site, but can't seem to find anything about the costs for NY (although I'm sure I had seen it here before!)

Could anyone who has been there or has received definitive info from the clinic please let me know what they are charging?

We are on the list to get a call, but it's going to be a few weeks yet. They sure sound swamped.

Thanks for any info!

L
LisaDee,

I don't have any numbers yet... when I get them I'll let you know. But when they initially scheduled me an ins. preauthorization was done.. (Ins. will pay). When I finally went in to register, they said my ins. would pay 100% - no co-pay or deductable... Couldn't believe it..

Hope this helps..

-John
LisaDee

Post by LisaDee »

Hi John,

That is awesome for you! I'm guessing you must be American? We (my dad and I) are Canadian, so he would have to pay out of pocket. They won't touch anyone here with a ten foot pole so there's no way our medical system will pay for it. But that is great, how exciting...good to know that after all you pay into it, insurance works for you sometimes. ;-)

LisaDee,

I don't have any numbers yet... when I get them I'll let you know. But when they initially scheduled me an ins. preauthorization was done.. (Ins. will pay). When I finally went in to register, they said my ins. would pay 100% - no co-pay or deductable... Couldn't believe it..

Hope this helps..

-John[/quote]
bmk1234
Family Elder

Post by bmk1234 »

LisaDee wrote:Hi,

Thanks for any info!

L

I haven't seen any bills yet, but this is what was quoted.
$10,000 at the hospital includes everything but stents, add $2000 per stent.
$5,000 at the clinic, add $2000 per stent. For those without insurance you can get it done at the clinic.
bmk
soapdiva884
Family Elder

Post by soapdiva884 »

I know in NYC it was $10,000.00 total for testing and procedure. Not done due to being shut down (Dr. Sclafani)......My bf's insurance will NOT pay for this. We even refuted the decision and still will not pay.
bmk1234
Family Elder

Post by bmk1234 »

soapdiva884 wrote:I know in NYC it was $10,000.00 total for testing and procedure. Not done due to being shut down (Dr. Sclafani)......My bf's insurance will NOT pay for this. We even refuted the decision and still will not pay.
Make sure you go through the entire appeal process and if you still didn't win, you can take them to court. I believe the figure is 70% of the time you have good success.
bmk
aliyalex
Family Elder

Post by aliyalex »

Does anyone know if they take medicare? Thanks.