What bothers me is the bit about whining constituents. Never mind the ice machine bit -- that is apparently stolen from the same place Dr. Freedman got it from. A very unfunny place. But I guess we'uns here are whining constituents, and why do we whine?
1. A treatment given to any other organ in our bodies,is not allowed to us because somebody else thinks they own our brains, and will not allow them to drain.
2. I guess there is no number 2.
If you're so sure, Mr. BEAM., why won't you even let us pay for testing? What don't you want us to know?
I would like you to imagine yourself in a similar position. You have been diagnosed with metastatic cancer of the brain. At the same time three things happen:
1. A researcher in Japan claims that that particular cancer is really caused by a bite from a rare spider to a person who had a rare childhood disease and genetic profile. The tumour is claimed to be inoperable.
2. After years of trying, a few cases have surfaced wherein a drug which normally kills, shrinks the tumour and prolongs life for 1 month average, 2 months tops.
3. The Japanese guy says that a certain kind of nose surgery will make it non-fatal.
The oncologists all say, there's no proof. Study it. Wait. Clinical trials are done with other types of nose surgery, and testing of other types of tumour, but they don't keep anyone alive. The experimenters claim the surgery has been proven to do nothing. You are getting worse by the hour.
The oncologists all say more study is needed, and start a multi-centre trial of the drug which prolongs life for 2 months. Meantime, you are close to the grim reaper. Any day now.
Do you complain? No, you are not a whiner. You go quietly to the graveyard. Your tombstone reads: Testing.
More than 1 person per day dies of CCSVI in Canada. More than ten Americans. A huge number during your six months: over 2000 Americans
But that's OK. More diagnosed every day. Plenty for clinical trials.
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience