Post Liberation/Who's had folllow up exam?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post Liberation/Who's had folllow up exam?

Post by thornyrose76 »

I'm just wondering for those that have under gone the procedure, who has had a follow up exam? Where did you go? Cost?
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Re: Post Liberation/Who's had folllow up exam?

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

thornyrose76 wrote:I'm just wondering for those that have under gone the procedure, who has had a follow up exam? Where did you go? Cost?
Hi!
I had my follow up in Poland (77 days after) and another follow up couple of days ago in Slovakia - CT (320 layers) - both jugulars and my stent were very good visible. I do not pay in Slovakia because my health insurance company pays for it.
I plan to have my 1 year follow up in Poland as well in October/November.

The doctors in Slovakia want to see me again later this year.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Rose2
Family Elder

Post by Rose2 »

Hi. I had my 6 week follow up after the procedure. MRI/MSV and all was fine then. Showed big differences pre Stent and Post Stent. That was DEC 2009.
I am excited to have my year follow up in Oct 2010.
I am doing very well. I hope this was your question?
Rose
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

Where did you get your follow up exam?
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Going for my one year in July. 8 week and 6 month at Haacke's all were 'clear and flowing well', but I also have stents.
Pauline
Getting to Know You...

Post by Pauline »

Had a follow-up Doppler last Monday 10 weeks after procedure - locally. Done by very competent IR who 'dopplers' jugular and other veins "all the time" (for dialysis and cancer patients). Could see stent clearly in place but now narrowed again!! Now becoming apparent to many, I think, that this is only the beginning of your journey to liberation - so be prepared, even if you have a stent!! Looks as if we have to go in again and sort it out. Still I'm optimistic...
Rose2
Family Elder

Post by Rose2 »

Pauline, thanks for your good info. What meds are you taking for blood thinners? Plavix, aspirin, or anything? thanks, Rose
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

Loobie wrote:Going for my one year in July. 8 week and 6 month at Haacke's all were 'clear and flowing well', but I also have stents.
How has it physically changed you, any improvements?
Pauline
Getting to Know You...

Post by Pauline »

Rose2 wrote:Pauline, thanks for your good info. What meds are you taking for blood thinners? Plavix, aspirin, or anything? thanks, Rose
Hi Rose. I'm only taking aspirin now. I took Areplex injections for 7 days, Plavix for 8 weeks together with omeprazole ( an drug which they advise in case of stomach irritation - usually used for treating acid-induced inflammation and ulcers of the stomach) and 100mg aspirin daily - lifelong and all of these from the time of the procedure. Also when I asked Dr. Simka about blood clotting tests and how long to take Plavix, he told me that there was "no need for PT blood tests as neither clopidogrel nor aspirin change the results of routine blood clotting tests; such tests are needed in the patients on warfarin and similar drugs and 8 weeks of clopidogrel (Areplex) is enough - longer recommendations are routine in the patients with underlying vascular pathology (arteriosclerosis, for example) - not your case" .

Hope this helps..
Pauline
TMrox
Family Elder

Post by TMrox »

I had my liberation procedure abroad.

On my return to the UK I showed my GP the letter from the vascular surgeon who treated me. The letter requested an urgent color doppler ultrasound a month after the angioplasty and a venography six months afterwards.

My GP immediately referred me to a private hospital. No fuss whatsoever. I had the scan by an experienced radiologist. I paid around £200. The test was normal, no restenosis. :D

I will have the venography in three months time. For that I will see the vascular doctor who treated me for CCSVI. I trust him 100%

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”