Dr. Sclafani's Italy Presentation

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I think anyone who loved Dr. Sclafani, his wife or others, might well be thrilled on his behalf that he has found such passion for ccsvi at this point in his career.

I am upset that Dr. Sclafani had to read this.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hi Dr. Sclafani,

I recognize those questions in your example as mine, and since that time, you've answered many more of my questions and almost 700 of them from other people -- thank you more than words can ever tell. You are the most gracious person I have ever known, in real life or out here in cyberspace. You'll never know how sad I am that you can't ever be my doctor in real life.

Yours very truly,
~Pam
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Why,

As I was certain, our wonderful doctor's replies to you are filled with class, empathy, compassion, understanding and kindness.

Unfortunately, Dr. S can never be my doctor due to distance, but on TIMS, I do consider him my doctor because he answers all my questions with honesty in a timely manner and in a way I can understand which are things I cannot say about any other doctor I have ever had.

You owe our wonderful doctor, whose thread passed 200,000 views today, a sincere apology. And if you ever do have a question, I am certain that our wonderful doctor would welcome you to his thread and then answer your question, which means you are very lucky, indeed, to be a member of TIMS.

In case you missed it on his thread, here is how I feel about Dr. Sclafani:

Superstar
Saint
Rock star
Luminary
Leader
Hero
Healer
Teacher
Friend.
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

HappyPoet wrote:Hi Dr. Sclafani,

I recognize those questions in your example as mine, and since that time, you've answered many more of my questions and almost 700 of them from other people -- thank you more than words can ever tell. You are the most gracious person I have ever known, in real life or out here in cyberspace. You'll never know how sad I am that you can't ever be my doctor in real life.

Yours very truly,
~Pam
i just hope that whyrwehere can get past my personality and what irritates him about it, to find some information i write that is useful to him

ok, i move on
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

<comment removed by moderator>
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

God works in mysterious ways.

Moving on.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

God works in mysterious ways.
"HE" works???

Wow.... :? :roll:
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

drsclafani wrote:i believe my heart is in the right place
Of course it is! Besides, one opinion of hundreds is not statistically significant and it's so plainly obvious that there's no self aggrandisement or feeling of self importance behind your helping us out. I could go on and on, I'm just amazed by all this!

I too feel ashamed that you had to read this. Being full of yourself is the absolute opposite to the truth of the situation. Devoting your free time to helping us out. I'm amazed.
fernando
Family Elder

Post by fernando »

Thanks L.

It was my office's firewall. I downloaded it at home.

Dr. Sclafani: non ti preocupar, tu sai che tu sei un uomo bravissimo!
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

I'm glad someone said what I was thinking. I had to leave this thread earlier because I got so annoyed.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Relax, doc. I was only too happy to hear you speak in that cool Brooklyn accent about *TiMS*, and the people on it. It is always good to have someone else's impressions. I came late to this forum, but I really feel part of something unique and new on the earth, aside from our daily struggles with CCSVI. You are a key contributor, in the same rank with Cheerleader, but perhaps a slightly better and more experienced IR :) . The amount you care for so many pwCCSVI is really astounding.
Last edited by 1eye on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

<comment removed by moderator>
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

back on track please people
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

DEAR DR. SCLAFANI, i've been dealing with this monster ms for 20 yrs. so i have met and dealt with many doctors. i have met many doctors that are full of themselves and really do try to play GOD. what i pick up from your reputation and actions is that you are a careing, compassionate, tough brilliant doctor that is very aware that he is not God but is aware and accepts and willingly lets GOD use you and your talent and knowledge to help people that are sick and suffering. you have inspired other doctors to do the same. you and the other doctors that have taken on the big resistance to ccsvi and sincerely from your hearts want to help us have restored not only my hope to get relief from this monster but also that more of medicine will actually start to treat and cure not just medicate and control. i was schedueled to see you and was very disappointed that they shut you down. who knows what the future holds for sure. but, for sure you are not full of yourself. you fully understand the full circle of what the true purpose of a healer is. please keep us posted with your presence and knowledge. thank you from my veins that keep my heart beating. SINCERELY, blossom
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

blossom wrote:DEAR DR. SCLAFANI, i've been dealing with this monster ms for 20 yrs. so i have met and dealt with many doctors. i have met many doctors that are full of themselves and really do try to play GOD. what i pick up from your reputation and actions is that you are a careing, compassionate, tough brilliant doctor that is very aware that he is not God but is aware and accepts and willingly lets GOD use you and your talent and knowledge to help people that are sick and suffering. you have inspired other doctors to do the same. you and the other doctors that have taken on the big resistance to ccsvi and sincerely from your hearts want to help us have restored not only my hope to get relief from this monster but also that more of medicine will actually start to treat and cure not just medicate and control. i was schedueled to see you and was very disappointed that they shut you down. who knows what the future holds for sure. but, for sure you are not full of yourself. you fully understand the full circle of what the true purpose of a healer is. please keep us posted with your presence and knowledge. thank you from my veins that keep my heart beating. SINCERELY, blossom
Blossom's words made me cry....

Three years ago, my world was turned upside down when the man I love was diagnosed with Primary Progressive MS. I feel a little guilty saying that MY world changed because it didn't happen to me. But I adore him and what effects him, effects me. I'll turn over heaven and earth to find an answer, and I'm so thankful for the doctors who are dedicated to finding an answer.

Thank you, Dr. Sclafani. Thank you for your dedication to searching for an answer.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”