Dr. Sclafani's Italy Presentation

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

I don't know why my comments have been removed, because I have seen much much worse said about doctors on here. And I probably agreed with them. I still stand by what I said, and all the huffing and puffing won't be changing my mind. I didn't realise that we were in some sort of North K, where it was forbidden to say anything against the self-imposed leader. This is the extremist behaviour that some complain about on Tims.
Pauline
Getting to Know You...

Re: Dr. Sclafani's Italy Presentation

Post by Pauline »

NHE wrote:Greetings,
I have edited the presentation given by Dr. Sclafani in June 2010 at Dr. Zamboni's conference in Italy and made it available as an easily downloadable mp3. Please do not link to it, but instead save it to your own computer and help spread it far and wide.

sclafani_italy_june_2010

"Zamboni's hypothesis is undeniable."

Thanks, NHE
Thank you so much for bringing this to us and thank God for Dr. Sclafani

Pauline
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

whyRwehere wrote:I don't know why my comments have been removed, because I have seen much much worse said about doctors on here.
There is a difference between saying something about a doctor and saying something about a doctor who is a member of our community here at thisisms. :!:
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

My apologies.

I said "1eye that was brilliant."

I actually meant HappyPoet.

This forum has been such a support to me these past months and I am truly grateful for the hours, days, weeks that Dr. S has given to us all.

One persons unkind comments cannot possibly take that away.
Drury
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Drury wrote:My apologies.

I said "1eye that was brilliant."

I actually meant HappyPoet.

This forum has been such a support to me these past months and I am truly grateful for the hours, days, weeks that Dr. S has given to us all.

One persons unkind comments cannot possibly take that away.
Drury
I agree with you completely, Drury. I joined this forum quite a long time ago but only became an active member in the past couple of months. I'm so grateful for everything I learn here, and for Dr. Sclafani's participation. We're very blessed that he's here.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Trish317 wrote:I feel a little guilty saying that MY world changed because it didn't happen to me.
Trish, have no doubt, my MS affects my husband, my daughter, my son and my youngest son in big ways and small. This happened to them too. :(
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Cece wrote:
Trish317 wrote:I feel a little guilty saying that MY world changed because it didn't happen to me.
Trish, have no doubt, my MS affects my husband, my daughter, my son and my youngest son in big ways and small. This happened to them too. :(
The really difficult part, for me, is that we're long distance. I want to be with him so I can really be more of a support to him.

Thank you, Cece. I can only imagine how it affects your husband and your children. You are such a strong woman and so wonderful. You really must be the light in their lives.

You're in my thoughts and prayers....
concerned

Post by concerned »

Cece wrote:
whyRwehere wrote:I don't know why my comments have been removed, because I have seen much much worse said about doctors on here.
There is a difference between saying something about a doctor and saying something about a doctor who is a member of our community here at thisisms. :!:
I don't see unprovoked personal attacks made towards Lyon, scorpion, myself, and i'm sure other members of this site being removed.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

folks i am not sure how this thread originally got flagged but i do know it's not the mods' job to read every single thing. unless we notice something obvious, usually it takes a complaint (or several) [edit: by private message] to motivate a decision to edit.

if you search for the exact phrase "removed by moderator" you will find 38 various instances of editing for various types of rule violations. so far.

please recall, it takes two to tango and as readers we don't *have* to respond to comments we perceive as inflammatory. at the same time,

Rules of the Board
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-4760.html#4760
Personal attacks, which can consist of slightly veiled innuendo or sarcastic comments aimed at the poster as opposed to the content of the post, are not tolerated at This is MS. We of course reserve the right to ban or suspend any member who violates this rule.
Last edited by jimmylegs on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

So, if I say that I am offended by Dr S' telling a bunch a of doctors that the people in the ccsvi forum on Tims didn't understand ccsvi, thought they were going to die from angioplasty procedures, and didn't know a vein from an artery(until he came to sort us out), then I wouldn't be making a personal attack, but complaining about a slight against myself. RIGHT?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi again, please sort out your issues with dr. s via private message

see below (my emphasis added)

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-1639.html#1639
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:44 pm Post subject:
Just a friendly reminder: We love the debating that's been going on lately because it forces people to think critically and challenge their own beliefs.

However, there can be too much of a good thing. If you disagree with someone, please succintly state why and let it go at that. Point, counterpoint, counter-counter point, etc. is not useful-- the reality is that after the first disagreement, you will rarely convince another of something they feel strongly about unless you have shocking new information to share. The drawn-out debates also turn people off from reading the messages in the first place. If you really have to get something off your chest, please send that person a Private Message-- there is no need to have a long argument in public.

For the most part, everything on the board so far is just fine, but I want to keep it that way. We are all in this fight together; Let's focus all of our energies on trying to beat MS into submission, not each other.

If you disagree with what I said (how ironic!), please drop me a private message. However, I have received enough comments from members that are in support of the above to feel confident about what I just posted.

Peace, love, etc.

-Arron
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

No, I think he was referring to my comment about an unsanitary explosion, and I apologize. But I do think you were not the butt of his statement, and really it's a repeat of what he says in his first post. He was concerned that people in general talking about CCSVI were ignorant in the un-pejorative sense of that word, not as a slight, but out of concern that he rightly thought he could do something about. Some of us needed a teacher because of the FUD being spread about it. He had just come from treating people, and didn't want anybody to think it was dangerous or untried. I think he is in my own 56 years of experience with doctors, an exemplary exception to an unfortunate truth, that they think only other doctors are capable of understanding medical talk.

I'll edit out the non-brilliiant violation. It was pretty ad-hominem and ignorant.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Maybe the answer is to shut down all of the sub forums except this one?
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”