No follow up exam due to cost?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

No follow up exam due to cost?

Post by thornyrose76 »

For those that have undergone the procedure, have any not had follow up exams due to cost? If so, who do you plan to turn to in case you have a problem, your GP, emergency room?
Are you just hoping you don't?
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

Hoping I don't, if I restenose I will return.

Val
Rose2
Family Elder

Post by Rose2 »

I cannot imagine having Liberation and ignoring the follow up exam. It is not an option. It is part of successful treatment.
Rose
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

Speaking to Euromedic, if we have restenosis we would have to book another time, they wouldn't treat it then. Yet another trip. If we have our MS symptoms back we will know it and then I will book my trip. What are they going to do at the 6-month check up anyways.

Val
crocky
Family Member

Kattowice follow up

Post by crocky »

Hi
As far as I know they just give you a doppler at the 6 month check up - then you have to organise a second visit if it shows you have re-stenosed.
All rather a big hassle if you are located far away.
As for follow up before the 6 months is up - well so far that has proved to be a problem for me - I was liberated in April, never had miraculous results, but things improved little by little. Suddenly that disappeared and now I feel more or less as bad as before I started this journey, however I am not receiving any answers to my emails.
Therefore, seems to me that we'd all be better off looking for doppler's nearer to home, and only returning if we have a re-stenosis - easier said that done I fear! I am located in Ukraine, such a third world pit medically speaking I doubt it they've ever heard of a doppler!
Anyway, we can but live in hope
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

Hey Crocky Canada is not much better in the health department as far as I'm concerned. The difference is they have heard of doppler just won't allow it to be done.
At least you don't have to fly 12 hours to get there.

Val
crocky
Family Member

Post by crocky »

Hi Val - that's very true - can't understand why u can't even get checked up at a private clinic in Canada - it makes not sense at all.
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

I could go to a private place but pay 2500 dollars and no guarantee that they are very good.

Val